Why would you want to work for Staffing Solutions? We offer competitive pay, support with Revalidation, paid Trust training and excellent staffing levels!
We are looking for reliable, enthusiastic and dedicated nurses who pride themselves on providing safe high-quality care to join our rewarding flexible staffing team supporting our inpatient units in Oxford.
By joining our flexible team, you can choose shifts that suit your lifestyle and enjoy the variety of working within our different inpatient wards.
You will have a good knowledge base, excellent communication skills and a flexible and positive attitude. You should have a caring, none judgmental and inclusive attitude and be committed to the delivery of safe, high quality care and have a strong belief in the value of team work.
We work hard to ensure high quality patient centered care is in place and that our staff are supported in their roles and encouraged to develop.
In return we can offer you competitive pay rate of; Weekday: £16.84 (£18.95 per hour plus 12.5% of annual leave) Night/Saturday: £24.63 per hour
(inclusive of 12.5% annual leave uplift WTD) Sunday/ Bank Holiday : £30.32 per hour
(inclusive of 12.5% annual leave uplift WTD)
For moreinformation: https://careers.oxfordhealth.nhs.uk/staff-bank/
Main duties of the job
- To be responsible for the co-ordination and management of the ward for a span of duty
- To assist in every aspect of the management of an acute inpatient unit
- To assess, plan, implement and evaluate care to patients and carers
- To provide high quality of holistic nursing care to patients and carers
- To contribute to the development of acute inpatient services
- To work within both Adult and Children inpatient units should the acuity increase to ensure safe staffing levels.
Staffing Solutions is Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust's internal temporary staffing bank.
We assist the Trust to meet all its temporary staffing needs, allowing teams to continue to provide high quality care to service users.
Flexible workers make up an important part of our staffing team and we want to ensure that everyone has the skills and opportunity to provide a caring, safe and excellent service to our patients.
We're looking for enthusiastic and motivated flexible workers to join our team today!
Job description Job responsibilities
- Engage proactively engagement with clients and their families/carers/significant others to build positive working alliances.
- Work alongside clients and their families/carers/significant others.
- Assess needs embracing the wishes of the client in the acute patient setting.
- Develop effective risk management plans, and timely review of the risk management plan identifying opportunities for positive risk taking in conjunction with the client, carers/significant others and the ward team.
- Actively engages with the Care Coordinator under CPA to identify appropriate resources to support the clients care package within the hospital setting and within their local home environment
- Undertake a Carers Assessment and develop Carers care plans.
- Demonstrate knowledge of medication effects, side-effects, indications, contraindications and recommended dosage.
- Work with clients with concordance issues and promote client choice.
- Actively engage clients and carers with PALS service where appropriate.
- Assess clients progress on the ward through identification of changes in the clients health and social situation in collaboration with the client, carers and the ward team.
- Co-ordinate and implement plans of care during the clients journey through the inpatient environment.
- Work with clients and their families / carers/ significant others on symptom management and relapse prevention.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Skills in clinical risk assessment
Management skills/Knowledge Essential
- Able to supervise junior staff
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Experience and commitment to nursing in Mental Health Inpatient settings
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.