We are seeking to recruit a Clinical Psychologist (8A)
to join the East Dorset Assertive Outreach Team (AOT)
, based in Bournemouth
. Please review the associated Job Description for further specific information about this role.
We are looking for an individual who is reliable, committed and dedicated with excellent communication and organisational skills, and the ability to prioritise their work. The AOT team has experience of working closely with psychology and greatly values the contribution psychology has made to the team. The post holder will be line managed by a psychologist. We offer excellent development opportunities, including further therapy training, support and supervision.
Main duties of the job
The postholder would provide direct psychological assessment, formulation and intervention. In addition they would provide indirect intervention through consultation, training and clinical supervision where appropriate.
This is a part-time, permanent position working 15 hours per week. If applicants were interested in combining an AOT post with another clinical psychology role (such as Rehabilitation), do get in contact we would be keen to hear from you.
The post holder will need to have a valid driving licence and use of a car as they will be required to assess and monitor patients in their own homes and within other community settings.
At Dorset HealthCare we're on a mission to empower people to make the most of their lives through our outstanding, joined-up healthcare services. We're a dynamic, forward-looking Trust, running 12 community hospitals, specialist inpatient facilities and a wide range of integrated community and mental health services for a population of almost 800,000 people. We do things differently here - it's one of the reasons the CQC rated us 'outstanding' in 2019. It's also why 95% of patients across our services say they have a good or very good experience of our services and 89% of staff feel they can really make a difference. Whether you're looking to work with us in one of our bustling market towns, vibrant urban locations, thriving seaside spots, or among the rolling hills of Dorset, there are lots of ways you can make a difference in our communities. Our 7,000-strong workforce is at the heart of what we do and our success is a testament to our brilliant people. We're all about building a workplace for the future, we believe in equal opportunities and we celebrate diversity. We're an inclusive workplace, where everyone is welcome, everyone can be authentic, and we are all encouraged to be the best version of ourselves.Working with us you'll be part of a strong team, challenge yourself, build a career, and teach us what we don't know. And you'll be working towards our vision to be better every day through excellence, compassion and expertise in all we do.
Job description Job responsibilities
For the main duties and responsibilities for this role please read the attached job description and person specification. When completing your application please ensure your supporting statement reflects the criteria set out in these documents by showing how your experience and skills apply to this post.
Person Specification Knowledge skills training Essential
- Doctoral Degree in Clinical Psychology or equivalent.
- Relevant specialist therapy training or other qualifications (e.g. CBT; CAT; DBT; ACT; MI or Schema Therapy).
Job specific criteria Essential
- A clear understanding of the function of a rehabilitation and Assertive Outreach services.
- Clinical experience working with patients across the lifespan working with mental & physical illness, particularly individuals with severe mental illness, psychosis and addiction
Job specific criteria (2) Essential
- Ability to use a range of highly complex assessment materials (including psychometric tests).
- Experience of teaching, consulting and supervising psychology staff and other professionals.
- Experience of working in multidisciplinary team settings including inpatient and community teams.
Info technology Essential
- Ability to use a computer and Internet for word processing, presentation, teaching and information seeking purposes
- Experience of using electronic patient / service user record systems
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.