An *EXCITING* opportunity has arisen for an experienced clinician, we are looking for qualified mental health nurses / CPN, for older adult services, the post will cover Mid Essex, which includes Chelmsford, Braintree and Maldon.
Main duties of the job
We are looking for:
- An experienced registered mental health nurse
- A competent, confident and proficient practitioner
- Who is organised and able to work creatively and effectively in a busy and demanding role
- Have the ability to travel across the locality for service delivery
You will be expected to work collaboratively with key partner organisations, service users, carers, clinicians and other practitioners within the multi-disciplinary team in delivering services; providing a 7-day a week, 24-hours a day service for 365 days a year, working shifts where appropriate and operationally required.
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Care, Learn and Empower. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including;
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer
The Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have the opportunity to apply for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment
Join our Staff bank
What is Staff Bank?
Our EPUT NHS staff bank is an entity managed by the trust that hires clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals to take on shifts at our trust hospitals and community settings. Here at EPUT we maintain our own bank of specialist staff to ensure that we are able offer safe and effective care at all times.
All our permanent staff are automatically enrolled onto the staff bank however this does not mean you have to work any additional shifts, but the option is there for you if you wish.
If you are joining our Trust in a fixed term role, please indicate on your New Starter Paperwork that you wish to join our staff bank.
Job description Job responsibilities
To be able to manage a caseload of complex and highly complex patients
To be able to carry out appropriate assessments for the designated caseload addressing for clients with multiple and complex needs using advanced clinical reasoning skills and knowledge of evidence based practice
To work with clients to identify and agree treatment goals based on assessment outcomes, which balance the complex interaction of risk, safety, client choice, independence, areas of conflict and eligibility of services.
EPUT offer a fantastic relocation package of up to £8,000. Covering a number of expenditures for new recruits relocating from 30 miles or more from their new work base at EPUT.
If you would like more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Person Specification Education Essential
- Evidence of continuing professional/personal development
- Understanding of / and the ability to conduct assessments and review of care in line with the requirements of the mental health care clusters.
- Knowledge and understanding of health legislation, principles of CPA and Care Management, Mental Capacity Act, Mental Health Act 1983 and safeguarding, the NHS Constitution, and risk assessment / management.
- Undertake a range of clinical duties e.g. providing practical support and guidance to service users
- Understanding of the nature of mental health conditions and how they can affect people's day to day life and impact upon recovery.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines where required.
- Self-motivated with a desire to contribute to the ongoing service development.
- Experience of using an electronic information system.
- Experience of ensuring that the values including Care, Compassion, Competence, communication, Courage and Commitment are adhered to daily, and any matters of concern are raised with the relevant Line Manager
- Evidence of co-ordinating care for a group of patients.
- Ability to analyse and present complex information to professional colleagues
- Evidence of personal leadership skills
- Ability to inspire confidence in service users, carers and junior staff.
- Ability to set clear objectives/targets and prioritise workload and competing demands
Personal Qualities Essential
- Ability to manage difficult situations sensitively by listening, showing tolerance, and remaining objective
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team,
- Current driving licence
- Genuine interest in working with client group.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.