# Grow your Medical Career at NHFT Consultant in Community Paediatrics
Northamptonshire Healthcare Foundation Trust is rated outstanding by the Care Quality Commission. We are currently looking to appoint a Full Time Consultant Community Paediatrician to our supportive, flexible and innovative team. This is a replacement post and is based at Sudborough House, St Marys Hospital, Kettering, where we are co-located with a range of therapy services and other disciplines as part of an integrated specialist children's community service. The community paediatric team deliver services within Kettering and other towns and locations within the North of the County.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will deliver a full range of community paediatric services including developmental and educational paediatrics in locality clinics, and undertake integrated developmental assessment clinics with therapists. The post-holder will also participate in the daytime hours child protection rota for physical/sexual abuse.
We are looking for a candidate with a commitment to service improvement and development, and excellent communication and liaison skills. The ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team is essential. We anticipate the post-holder will take a lead for one or more specific areas within the service, to be agreed with the successful applicant depending on interests and experience.
The post-holder will be fully accredited in General Paediatrics and/or Community Child Health. Applications will be welcomed from candidates included on or eligible for the GMC Specialist Register or within six months of obtaining CCT in Paediatrics.
It is highly recommended that prospective candidates take the opportunity to visit the organisation and the community Paediatrics team.
Northamptonshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust is an Employer which is committed to developing you and that prides itself on being a diverse and equal opportunity employer.
NHFT has recently being awarded Outstanding
Northamptonshire is a county with varied countryside and numerous small villages as well as a range of good housing, excellent rail and road connections to London and elsewhere and good schools making it an attractive place for family living.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see attached document for full job description.
NHFT encourages flexible working, this includes remote working depending on service needs.
Person Specification Behaviours and Values Essential
- oIn good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
- oDemonstrate commitment to shared leadership & collaborative working to deliver improvement
- oAbility to work independently as well as part of A MDT
- oAble to form a good working relationship with the peer group
- oWillingness to undertake training and CPD in areas appropriate to this post
- oAbility to work under pressure
- oWillingness to participate in in-house training
Knowledge and experience Essential
- oFull GMC Registration
- On specialist Register/CCT in community Paediatrics or eligible for Inclusion within six months
- oAdditional Postgraduate Qualifications
- oPublication of original research
- oManagement training
Skills and Abilities Essential
- oExcellent written and verbal communication skills
- oEvidence of the ability to communicate with patients, colleagues and staff at all levels.
- oAbility to motivate and develop junior Medical Staff and other MDT members
- To balance individual requirements against those of the Directorate and Trust as a whole
- An understanding of the political and financial framework within which the services operate
- Post holder will need to take initiative and work in a self-directed manner
- oWide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
- oAble to plan and deliver undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and training relevant to this post
- oExperienced in clinical research and / or service evaluation
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.