YOU'RE BRILLIANT and we want you on OUR team
It's time for a new challenge with KMPT in the Garden of England where we combine exceptional professional development opportunities with tremendous quality of life. Within KMPT we have a network of approximately 150 members of medical staff, not including our range of foundation doctors, GP trainees, core trainees and higher trainees.
There are exciting times ahead with the Kent and Medway Medical School now open, a collaboration between Canterbury Christ Church University and the University of Kent with KMPT as one of the NHS partners, inspiring the next generation of medical professionals.
We are also at the forefront of partnership working - an integral part of the Integrated Care System - looking at sustainable health and social care and ensuring the individual is at the centre of everything.
Indulge your passion for research with our internationally known and enthusiastic team, who are involved in a whole host of national and home-grown studies that have the potential to shape future healthcare. You will be very welcome.
Main duties of the job
This is a 10 PA plus 0.5 PA and 3% Category A availability supplement for on-call post. Part time or job-share applications are welcome.
Successful applicants must have MRCP or equivalent and be on, or within six months of inclusion on, the Specialist Register and be fully registered with the GMC, as well as Approved Clinician and S12 approval under the Mental Health Act.
Please note that all interviews will be conducted via video link using Life Size. Date to be confirmed.
Please note that you will be required to submit an application form for each post you are interested in applying for.
We are Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust (KMPT)
, providing mental health, learning disability, substance misuse and specialist services across Kent and Medway, with a population of 1.8million.
The Trust (rated Good overall by the Care Quality Commission regulator and Outstanding for care) has approximately 3,400 staff covering an area of 1,450 square miles.
You will be joining friendly, passionate colleagues from 52 nations, rich in their diversity, talents and experience, who are committed to providing excellent care to our service users and their loved ones.
We have a team of empathetic leaders inspiring their staff in an environment where everyone is valued and plays a vital role in providing an exemplary service.
Across our communities and within inpatient settings, our workforce is enhanced and strengthened by dedicated peer support workers, people with lived experience, a wonderful team of volunteers and a brigade of pets astherapy support dogs.
Would you like to work flexibly? We understand that people often have various considerations outside work, either personal interests or family commitments, that they need to factor into their working life. We will support you to work flexibly in a way that will suit you and us, and your commitments outside work.
Job description Job responsibilities
For further information relating to the post, you may contact Dr Sheeba Hakeen, Head of Psychiatry (Older Peoples care group).
For detailed information regarding the role, please refer to the attached job description and person specification.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MBBs or equivalent medical qualification
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management
- Additional clinical qualifications
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
- Holds and will use valid UK driving licence OR provides evidence of proposed alternative.
CLINICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE Essential
- Excellent knowledge in Old Age Psychiatry
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to old age psychiatry post within NHS or comparable service
ACADEMIC SKILLS & LIFELONG LEARNING Essential
- Able to deliver undergraduate or postgraduate teaching and training
- Ability to work in and lead team
- Demonstrate commitment to shared leadership & collaborative working to deliver improvement.
- Participated in continuous professional development
- Participated in research or service evaluation.
- Able to use and appraise clinical evidence.
- Has actively participated in clinical audit and quality improvement programmes
- Able to plan and deliver undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and training relevant to this post
- Reflected on purpose of CPD undertaken
- Experienced in clinical research and / or service evaluation.
- Evidence of achievement in education, research, audit and service improvement: awards, prizes, presentations and publications.
- Has led clinical audits leading to service change or improved outcomes to patients
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.