Are you a driven and dynamic Ward Manager / Service Manager ready for inspiring new challenges?
With us, you'll have the support and autonomy to innovate and create change that makes life better for both patients and colleagues
This role is based on Hooper Ward, our brand new 12 bed acute mental health service for womenMain duties of the job
At Cygnet, we support our people to grow their careers, gain new skills and keep stepping up.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others every dayAbout us
Cygnet Health Care was established in 1988. Since then we have developed a wide range of services for individuals with mental health needs, autism and learning disabilities within the UK.
We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes for the people in our care.
Our expert and highly dedicated care team of 10,000 employees empower 2864 individuals across 150 services to consistently make a positive difference to their lives, through service-user focused care and rehabilitation.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
We are looking for a professional, confident Ward Managerwho can lead, inspire & oversee the delivery of the very best care on Hooper Ward, our brand new 12 bedacute mental health service for women***We are offering a £3,000 Welcome Bonus (£1,000 on arrival and £2,000 paid after 6 months successful probation) and £2,000 Annual Retention Bonus (£1,000 paid every 6 months), as well as up to £6,000 relocation support***
Youll be working40hoursa week(Monday Friday 9am 5pmand covering bleep one day per week)atCygnet Hospital Beckton. Cygnet Hospital Beckton is a specialist service for women, situated in the East End of London and has aGood overall CQC rating.We provide a comprehensive service across four specialist wards; Acute, Tier 4 Personality Disorder, Learning Disorder and Complex Personality Disorder for women with complex mental health needs.
This role is based on Hooper Ward,our brand new 12 bed acute mental health service for women. The service provides a safe and stabilising environment for individuals who are experiencing an acute episode of mental illness and require an emergency admission. The service supports patients to return to functional lives, reduce self-harm and emotional distress, with the successful outcome of more than 75% of patients being discharged to low level supportive accommodation or back to their lives in the community
This is a unique opportunity to work within forward-thinking hospital with a drive for innovation and creativity; we are looking for a motivated leader to share our passion for new ideas and drive for sustained high quality care delivery as part of a supportive team.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects whilereaping the rewards of making a difference to others every day.Your day-to-day
Why Cygnet? Well offer you
- Provide the highest standard of nursing care & be a role model to junior staff
- Co-ordinate all clinical aspects of the ward & ensure co-operation between clinical departments
- Implement clinical & administrative policies, procedures & regulations
- Ensure compliance by others of policies, procedures & regulations
- Support staff through debriefs, appraisals, training, meetings & development of evidence/ research-based practice
- Participate in the managers on-call system to provide the first point of contact for ward-based staff, outside of normal working hours (one day per week 7:30am 8:00pm)
- Lead by example to ensure consistently high standards of clinical care & documentation
- £3,000 Welcome Bonus (£1,000 on arrival and £2,000paid after 6 months successful probation)
- £2,000 Annual Retention bonus, with £1,000 paid every 6 months
- Up to £6,000 relocation package
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals, on-site parking and EAP support
- RCNi membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Smart Health Toolkit, including 24 hour GP service with the option of prescription delivery to your local pharmacy
- Gym Discounts across the UK as well as free online fitness classes with ClassPass, Nutritional Programmes and Fitness Consultations
- Discount schemes including Reward Gateway, NHS Discount and Blue Lights Card
- Plus much more
- A qualified RMN / RNLD with a valid NMC pin number
- Committed to delivering improvement strategies across all aspects of clinical service provision
- Familiar with in an inpatient setting preferably acute, PICU or forensic settings
- Experienced in managing change, leadership initiatives, motivating & developing others
- Open, compassionate, honest & resilient
- Capable of undertaking audits, developing, following-up & ensuring completion of action plans
- Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & the latest nursing practices
- Focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage & reduce risk
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. In this role youll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.Person SpecificationGeneral RequirementsEssential
- Please refer to job description above
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Please refer to job description above
Cygnet Health Care Address
E6 6ZBEmployer's website
https://www.cygnethealth.co.uk/ (Opens in a new tab)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.