Mental Health Nurses
An opportunity has arisen for enthusiastic and innovative Registered Mental Health Nurses (RMNs) to work within our female and male acute wards, we also do have vacancies in our PICU wards at Tower Hamlets Mental Health Unit.
We are looking for skilled and passionate Band 5 Nurses, both experienced and newly qualified, to join our dedicated teams at Tower Hamlets Mental Health Unit.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be enthusiastic, forward thinking and have a keen interest in working with patients being nursed in a mental health setting. You will be working within a supportive multidisciplinary team, caring for patients with a wide range of needs.
Our care and treatment programmes are underpinned by principles of recovery and social inclusion and much of our work is co-produced with patients. You will help to ensure that the people we care for always have a strong voice. If you are committed to providing outstanding patient care with a sound knowledge of best practise, this is the opportunity for you
Main duties of the job
To co-ordinate and provide care and treatment to an identified group of patients without direct supervision.
To manage and organise work as required.
Take responsibility for the development and delivery of evidence based practice, ensuring that it supports and reflects service user individual needs, Trust objectives and professional guidance.
Contribute to the development of high quality evidence based in-patient services in a changing health care environment.
Contribute towards ensuring that the ward functions as an integral part of the Directorate's services.
Effective communication with all relevant personnel both internal and external to the Trust.
To practice within professional guidelines and promote professional practice in clinical area.
To ensure continuous personal development through the utilisation of regular supervision, annual appraisal and training
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations.
Job description Job responsibilities
Kindly refer to the job description and person specification that is attached to the vacancy profile.
Person Specification Education/ Qualification/ Training Essential
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health)
- OR Registered Nurse (Learning Difficulty)
- OR Registered Nurse (Adult)
- Working with people with mental health problems/ learning disabilities
- Managing challenging and aggressive behavior
- Working within a multidisciplinary team environment
- Experience of providing individualized and culturally sensitive care
Knowledge and Skills Essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate care
- Minimising clinical risk and reducing restrictive practices
- Able to manage time so that deadlines are met
- Ability to recognise stress
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Able to work sensitively and compassionately with patients
- Emotional Intelligence and Personal Resilience
- To have knowledge of Mental Health presentations and appropriate interventions.
- NMC Code of Conduct
- Current Developments in nursing
- Awareness of supervision and reflective practices
- Knowledge of risk management and how to plan care to account for risk
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.