**ADDITIONAL BENEFIT PACKAGE(ts&cs apply)** *A generous relocation package* *£10K Retention Pay Premia* *Previous applicants need not apply*
This is a hugely exciting time for the Trust having recently achieved an OUTSTANDING CQC RATING
and being one of just five mental health and learning disabilities NHS trusts in England to hold an outstanding rating.
We are driven by our values. If you believe in Respect, Kindness and a Positive outlook then you'll be right at home.
Main duties of the job
HPFT is seeking a Consultant Psychiatrist to join Single Point of Access team. The post holder will carry no responsibility for inpatients.
The post-holder will provide clinical leadership for Single Point of Access team in the process of external referrals from primary care and the community.
They will provide consultation support in the management of service users referred to the trust and consider new ways of working to reduce inappropriate referrals are diverted effectively.
You must ensure the relevant professional registration is maintained, including Section 12, Approved Clinician, and Responsible Clinician status.
About us Here's what we have to offer you
- Mentoring support for new Consultants
- Access to Leadership, Teaching, Education and Research opportunities
- Access to a Simulation Training Facility
- Access to a large peer group of enthusiastic and high-calibre Consultants
- Study leave of 30 days over 3 years
- Study leave budget of £800 per person per annum
- A strong ethos on Learning and Development
- Innovative patient electronic record system (PARIS)/ Admin and IT equipment/ software to improve work experience (4G enabled laptops provided upon starting)
- Flexible working
- Excellent staff benefits
- Health and wellbeing support
- Generous relocation package up to £7.5K (subject to terms & conditions)
Our Health Hub helps improve staff health and wellbeing across the Trust - encouraging staff to step away from their work and think about their own health. This includes:
- Workshops, challenges and social events throughout the year
- Confidential and safe forums where staff can talk about the emotional impact of work
- An equality and diversity staff network providing support to all staff
- Mindfulness bite size taster session
- Mini health check
- Free, confidential counselling services 24/7
Job description Job responsibilities
Duties include (but not exclusive to):
- To provide clinical leadership for Single Point of Access team in the process of external referrals from primary care and the community.
- To provide consultation support in the management of service users referred to the trust and consider new ways of working to reduce inappropriate referrals are diverted effectively.
- To undertake the administrative duties associated with the care of patients.
- To record clinical activity accurately and comprehensively.
- To participate in service and business planning activity for the locality and, as appropriate, for the whole mental health service.
- To participate in annual appraisal for consultants.
- To attend and participate in the academic programme of the Trust, including lectures and seminars as part of the internal CPD programme.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification
- MRCPsych OR MRCPsych equivalent approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management
- Additional clinical qualifications
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within 3 months
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
CLINICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE Essential
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
ACADEMIC SKILLS & LIFELONG LEARNING Essential
- Able to deliver undergraduate or postgraduate teaching and training
- Participated in continuous professional development
- Participated in research or service evaluation
- Able to use and appraise clinical evidence
- Has actively participated in clinical audit
- Able to plan and deliver undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and training relevant to this post
- Reflected on purpose of CPD undertaken
- Experienced in clinical research and / or service evaluation
- Evidence of achievement in education, research, audit and service improvement: awards, prizes, presentations and publications
- Has led clinical audits leading to service change
- Holds and will use valid UK driving licence OR provides evidence of proposed alternative
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.