At Somerset NHS Foundation Trust we are seeking individuals who want to contribute to our vision of providing compassionate nursing care. We are interested in hearing from people who can make a difference with their dedication, expertise, compassion and a positive outlook.
Ash ward is a 12 bedded all male ward based at Broadway Health Park Bridgwater. Ash Ward is part of the Quality Network for Forensic Mental Health Services taking part in a formative process of honest self-evaluation, supported by the involvement of our peers.
We are a very caring and close knit team with a focus on supporting each other through the challenges of working in a low-secure service so we can continue to make a difference to our patient's recovery.
Main duties of the job
We are seeking a Registered Mental Health Nurse with outstanding communication skills. As a team player you will work innovatively, showing a commitment to providing compassionate care with a strong desire to improve the patient experience. The successful applicant will be able to apply the philosophies of engagement, recovery, and positive and proactive care in your work with service users.
We are able to offer you a supportive and welcoming environment with access to supervision, appraisals, psychology services such as reflective practice groups, and regular opportunities for both formal and informal training. There is a strong focus on staff wellbeing on the ward so you can be confident that you will have the support you need to continue to provide good clinical care.
The role involves responsibility for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care and the promotion of issues of equality and diversity in accordance with good practice and legislation.
The successful candidate must be confident, approachable, and sensitive our patient group to have an understanding of forensic services.
Somerset NHS Foundation Trust endeavours to provide development opportunities for those looking to develop a career in the NHS, in both clinical and non-clinical roles.
At our Trust we value outstanding care, listening and leading and working together and always endeavour to put these at the heart of our service.
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, fantastic pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone's throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will to experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan - there is truly something for everyone!
Job description Job responsibilities
- To build rapport with this group of clients, be non-judgmental; show respect for privacy, dignity and diversity.
- Good written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to educate, induct, coach and mentor junior staff and student nurses.
- Basic IT skills.
- Ability to co-ordinate the work of others and feedback appropriately.
- Demonstrable evidence of excellent observation skills.
- Able to be reflective in practice, inform and adapt own practice, embrace new concepts and contribute to development of unit.
See full job description for more detail.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualification
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Appropriately registered with the NMC as per post requirements.
- Teaching /Assessor qualification
- Required to develop the knowledge base in line with the KSF requirements for the post.
- Experience of working in multi-agency services
- Evidence of continuing professional development and to have undertaken post registration training.
- Ability to recognise and manage challenging situations in a calm and professional manner.
- Show care and compassion and put the patient Centre.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.