An exciting opportunity has arisen for a lead practitioner psychologist in the Child and Adolescent Learning Disability Service (CALDS). The post holder will have responsibility for leading the inter-disciplinary team and delivery of psychology services for children with a Learning Disability who present with behaviours that challenge.
Main duties of the job
You will make a significant contribution to the delivery of psychological care provided for children, young people and their families with regard to assessment, formulation and intervention.
You will have line management and supervision responsibilities for psychology staff. You will work closely with the consultant lead psychologist to promote service initiatives, take a major role in enhancing multi-disciplinary team work and work with the wider network to further the knowledge and skill base in Positive Behaviour Support.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this role; Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.
About us Cardiff and Vale University Health Board
is one of the largest Integrated Health Boards in the UK, employing over 15,000 staff, providing over 100 specialist services. Working across 6 hospital sites, we have a diverse range of career opportunities to offer. Serving around 500,000 people living in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan, we are focussed on the health and care needs of our local population whilst working with our partners to develop regional services.
Our mission is Caring for People, Keeping People Well,
and our vision is that every person's chance of leading a healthy life should be equal. As an organisation we are unashamedly ambitious for our population's health, rising to the challenges of today and tomorrow through our 10-year strategy, Shaping our Future Wellbeing. We are contributing to a healthier Wales with great emphasis placed on innovation and improvement, learning from around the world and leading the way in clinical research. Partnership working is strong at Cardiff and Vale, and we work closely with our staff and our community.
Cardiff, the thriving Welsh capital, is a fantastic city to live and work in with an abundance of sports, arts and cultural attractions. Situated to the west of Cardiff, the Vale of Glamorgan offers a combination of beautiful Welsh countryside and a dramatic natural coastline. Whether city life or rural living, Cardiff and the Vale offers the best of both worlds.
Job description Job responsibilities You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- D. Clin psych and further relevant qualifications e.g. PBS, systemic
- further qualifications in therapies e.g. Systemic therapy and leadership
- Demonstrable skills in working with cyp and families, working with cyp with LD and working systems
- Relevant skills in working with cyp with LD and complex needs, in multi-agency settings
- Significant experience of working with cyp with LD
- experience of supervising others and line management
- demonstrable leadership experience e.g. team lead
- Experience of working with systems, cyp with LD and complex needs,
- team leadership experience for cyp with LD team
- Good knowledge of psychological theory and models relevant to working with cyp with LD
- well developed knowledge of leadership models, team working,
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.