Highly Specialist Clinical / Counselling Psychologist Sutton Adult Community Mental Health ServiceBand 7 Preceptorship / Band 8a 0.7wte
The 0.7wte can be worked in a variety of ways including compressed into 3 days a week; spread over 4 or 5 days; or working 3 days one week, 4 days the next to suit your personal preference and circumstances.
Main duties of the job
The role focuses on providing evidence-based psychological therapies for severe and enduring mental health conditions, including psychosis & bipolar affective disorder, personality disorder, and complex mood, anxiety disorders & PTSD. This post offersa number of opportunities for further training and development
The Trust supports staff to attend Health Education England funded training in interventions such as CBT for psychosis & bipolar disorder, and Family interventions for psychosis & bipolar disorder. There may also be opportunities to train in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) and to co-facilitate DBT Skills Groups and to be trained in EMDR therapy.
The Trust also provides an additionalprogramme of regular CPD
covering a wide range of clinical topics. The role includesregular opportunities for individual and group supervision to support your development
. At Band 8a, there will be opportunities to attend supervision skills training, and supervise doctoral clinical psychology trainees, through strong links with the University of Surrey Clinical Psychology (DClinPsy) Training Scheme.
This post is an established at 8a level but we welcome applications from final year Clinical / Counselling Psychologists Trainee Clinical Psychologists
, and from Psychologists with less than 18 months post qualification experience, who could progress from a Band 7 preceptorship to a Band 8a in this post.
Sutton adult mental health services are comprised of two multidisciplinary mental health teams within an Integrated Recovery Hub which is closely linked to Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprises in the borough. Psychologists are highly valued in the service and you will work closely alongside other Psychologists at the same level and at Principal and Consultant level. You will also work with Psychiatrists, CPNs, Mental Health & Wellbeing Practitioners, Recovery & Support Workers and Specialist Employment Advisors to provide high quality treatment and recovery options for service users with severe mental health conditions, including psychosis & bipolar affective disorder, personality disorder, and severe mood & anxiety disorders.
For preceptorship posts, there will be dedicated CPD funding, and the opportunity to work one day per week in a different service in the Trust, to further develop specialist clinical skills.
TheTrust is committed to supporting flexible working
, including a blended approach of on-site and home-based video conference working.
South West London and St George's Mental Health NHS Trust (SWLSTG) is the leading provider of mental health services across south west London and a beacon of excellence for many of our national mental health services.
Job description Job responsibilities
The work involves: developing the psychology therapy support within the Team, provide comprehensive psychological assessment to parents with mental health difficulties, holding a caseload of complex families, oversee and develop psychological group programme for parents, provide clinical supervision and line management of Mental Health Practitioners. Benefits
We offer a number of excellent staff benefits and understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. Some of our benefits are highlighted here:
Other benefits include:
- Generous pay, pensions and leave,we offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package which is dependent on the role and length of service.
- Work life balance,we support a range of flexible options, such as: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, compressed hours and Agile Working from home.
- Career development,There are plenty of opportunities to progress your career and we support your development through a number of programmes such as mentoring, coaching, positive people management, collective leadership and other talent programmes with secondment opportunities
- Subsidised car parking- You can park at any of our sites at a reduced rate of £20/month.
- NHS discounts,with discounts up to 10% from a variety of well-known retail brands though Health Service Discounts website.
- Eye examinations
- Looking after your health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car lease scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Free gym membership
We look forward to receiving your application.
Person Specification Training and Qualifications Essential
- oDoctoral level training in clinical psychology, including specifically models of psychopathology, clinical psychometrics and neuropsychology, two or more distinct psychological therapies and lifespan developmental psychology as accredited by the BPS
- oTo be registered with the Health Professions Council under the appropriate domain specific title
- oEligible for accreditation for as a CBT therapist with BABCP and prepared to seek accreditation. This would include evidence of formal training in CBT such as a Post graduate Diploma/Masters in CBT
- oBABCP Accreditation as CBT practitioner
- oExperience of assessment and treatment of people with mental health problems, of varying severity and complexity, using evidence based psychological therapies, particularly CBT
- oDemonstrate further specialist training/experience through having received a minimum of 50 hours clinical supervision of working as a specialist clinical or counselling psychologist over a minimum of 18 months, or an alternative agreed by the Head of Psychology and Psychotherapies
- oWorking with people who experience severe, complex and long-term mental health problems
- oExperience with routine outcome monitoring
- oExperience of teaching, training and/or supervision
- oExperience of the application of clinical psychology in different cultural contexts
- oExperience of working as part of a multidisciplinary team
Knowledge & Skills Essential
- oSkilled in the use of complex methods of psychological assessment intervention and management, frequently requiring sustained and intense concentration
- oWell-developed skills in the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, complex, highly technical and/or clinically sensitive information to adults with mental health problems
- oSkills in providing consultation to other professional and non-professional groups working in primary care
- oEvidence of continuing professional development as required by the HPC / BABCP.
- oKnowledge of our business and how it supports patient care
- oKnowledge of the theory and practice of specialised group and individual psychological therapies including advanced level training in CBT
- oKnowledge of the academic literature concerning common mental disorders in general practice
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.