An opportunity has arisen within the North Community Mental Health Team for a Registered Mental Health nurse to join us in providing integrated health and social care to people of working age who have moderate to severe mental health problems across a wide range of presenting conditions. The post will be based with the North team which covers Ashton under lyne, Mossley and Stalybridge.
There is a strong commitment to promoting your professional development. You will be supported by clinical and management supervision and will be given the opportunity to develop and enhance clinical skills, interventions and case management through a personal development and training plan.
Main duties of the job
Key Responsibilities of the Post:
- To be responsible for the co-ordination, commissioning and personal delivery of individual packages of care for a caseload of service users within our secondary service.
- To undertake initial assessments of new referrals to the service.
- To act as shift coordinator when on the rota as duty worker and to deputise for the manager/deputy manager in their absence; to problem solve any issues that arise within the team and to maintain overview of quality and standards within the team.
- To supervise more junior members of staff
Key Requirements of the Person Specification:
RMN: Registered Mental Health Nurse
Experience in a Community Mental Health Team setting
Current driving licence or supported driver with use of vehicle.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments to regulated and controlled activities will require an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Job description Job responsibilities Main Duties and Responsibilities
To act as Care Coordinator To carry a caseload and work with evidence based interventions to include: - Assessment of need of the service user and carer Formulation of care plan Implementation of a plan of care for the service user in collaboration with themulti-disciplinary team, referring agent, family/carer and service user, whereappropriate. Assessment and monitoring of risk To monitor, review and evaluate care in accordance with C.P.A: To liaise with all agencies, and members of the multi-disciplinary team to ensurethe needs of the service user are met.
To carry out clinic duties such as the Clozaril / administration of depot injectionseither in the clients home or in the clinics. To manage medication and itsadministration within Trust Policy To supervise Community Support Workers / Band 5s as appropriate to implementelements of the care plan. To maintain accurate, up to date electronic records of all service users referredand receiving assessment, care treatment and support. To offer initial mental health and social care assessments to those newly referredto the service, To participate in the CMHTs duty system on a Rota basis. Be able to offer arapid response to service users immediate needs, including those arising fromcrises. To work in a therapeutically informed way within the multi-disciplinary team toaddress the needs of service users with complex emotional disorders. To maintain a persistent approach to engagement where there are complexmental health difficulties. To have the capacity to prioritise and work flexibly with MDT in order to respondto rapidly changing clinical needs. To promote the physical health and wellbeing of service users. Communication and Relationship Skills
Maintain excellent communication with service users on their health and socialcare plan and inform relatives on progress as appropriate. Maintain excellent communication and provide guidance to, Band 5s AssistantPractitioners/support workers as appropriate, on the health and social care needsof service users. Establish and maintain communication with individuals and groups on thecaseload about difficult or complex matters, in such a way as to overcome anyproblems in communication. Communicate effectively with all members of the multi-disciplinary, multi-agencyteam involved in the care of the service user. Assess and respond appropriately to aggressive behaviour. Make appropriate referrals to other agencies. Promote and maintain confidentiality. Promote and adhere to the Trusts values statement.Education and Training
Participate in the supervision and assessment of students/learners on placementwithin the service. Maintain a personal development plan and an annual program of learning anddevelopment. Participate in individual performance development review on an annual basis.
Keep up to date with all policies, procedures and protocols relating to the clientgroup/organization and relevant practice. Provide support to Assistant Practitioners/ Support Workers / Band 5s byproviding work based training and development opportunities. To act as mentor and preceptor for Band 5s/Assistant Practitioners/supportworkers as appropriate. Attend further training as identified with the line manager through the CPDprocess. Administrative and Information Technology
Use information technology to support the care process for the benefit of theservice users and their families through the recording relevant data.Clinical Governance Identify risk issues that impact on the service users health or social care needs. Take appropriate action to the significance of the risk and consistent withprotection procedures e.g. applying appropriate control and restraint techniques,applying child or adult protection procedures. Demonstrate high standards of health and social care practice at all times. Demonstrate effective team working inclusive of all relevant professionals. Be accountable for own practice. Report all accidents / incidents, and all ill health, failings in equipment and/orenvironment.This job description is not exhaustive, but is intended to give an overall picture of therole. Other duties within the general scope of the post may be required from time totime. The duties of the post and job description can be reviewed through the agreedprocess.General Duties of all post holders To undertake any other reasonable duty, which is appropriate to the band, whenrequested by Senior Staff. To be familiar with and comply with all Trust and departmental policies,procedures, protocols and guidelines. To be aware of and work towards the Trusts strategic goals. Standards of Business Conduct
The post holder will be required to comply with the organisations standing orderand standing financial instructions and at all times, deal honestly with theorganisation with colleagues and all those who have dealing with the organisationincluding patients, relative and suppliers.
Person Specification interview Essential
- RMN / social worker ? Qualification to degree level/equivalent experience
- Extensive knowledge of Mental ? Health and Social Care ? Care Programme approach ? Mental Health Legislation
- Experience as a band 5 nurse or social worker in a relevant area of mental health practice. ? Experience of clinical Supervision
- Ability to undertake the Care Co-ordinator role. ? Effective risk assessment skills ? Ability to manage unpredictable and changing clinical situations. ? Ability to supervise and support junior colleagues in meeting the needs of service users on their caseload. ? Ability to provide professional expertise in the care of mental health service users. ? Ability to provide appropriate ? Case management skills ? PSI ? Therapeutic / counselling skills ? Venepuncture trained ? Application Form ? Interview AFC 28/06/18 JME-253-18 Care Coordinator Band 6 education and training to peers and junior colleagues as appropriate. ? Excellent written & verbal communication skills ? Ability to communicate informally and develop supportive relationships with service users, carers and other professionals ? Ability to communicate formally in meetings and in other contexts ? Ability to prepare record and complete relevant documents and reports to a professional standard. ? Ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team ? Ability to demonstrate effective time management and disciplined selforganisation ? To implement and utilise the supervision process. ? Ability to value diversity and respond constructively to discriminatory behaviour ? Computer literacy
- Certificate in a therapy Mentorship
- Training in STORM ? Training on personality disorder. ? Safeguarding adults and children training.
- Experience of working with adult mental health service users in a community setting
- Case management skills ? PSI ? Therapeutic / counselling skills ? Venepuncture trained
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.