This is an exciting opportunity to work at the forefront of innovation in Children's and Young Peoples (CYP) Mental Health.
The post holder will be responsible for delivering interventions within a Mental Health Support Team (MHST) in identified schools and colleges and for the supervision of Education Mental Health Practitioners in the team.
The post holder will have extensive experience of delivering evidenced-based CBT interventions for mild to moderate mental health issues such as anxiety, low mood and behavioural problems to CYP both individually and in groups.
You will be expected to work in schools closely with the MHST and school staff to support CYP, their families and staff to foster a whole school approach to mental well-being.
Main duties of the job
The MHST CBT Supervisor will play a key role in
- Forming strong working relations with a variety of stakeholder
- Developing and delivering evidence-based time limited interventions to young people within education settings
- Evidencing the outcomes of the MHST service
- Providing clinical supervision to trainee Mental Health practitioners
- Overseeing Mental Health practitioners supervisions with EMHP
Applicants who have not yet completed the PG Certificate in Supervision for Children and Young People's Services (CBT/PT/EMHP/CWP) or equivalent, will be required to successfully undertake the training at the earliest opportunity.
This post holder will work in partnership with the Operational Manager and will further develop the partnership working that is currently taking place between education, the local authority and the CCG.
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users.
Job description Job responsibilities
- Provide specialist assessments of children and young people referred to the service.
- Develop, implement and review a range of evidence based treatment plans informed by clinical assessment and the specific needs of the individual within their wider social context
- Exercise autonomous professional responsibility for the assessment, treatment and discharge of children/young people in the context of appropriate service models.
- Provide specialist advice, guidance, consultation and training to other professional groups, predominantly education staff.
- Undertake risk assessment and risk management for individual children and young people and to provide advice to external agencies regarding appropriate risk
- Act as care coordinator, where appropriate, taking responsibility for initiating planning and review of care plans
- Effectively communicate with families and other professionals involved in the life of the child/young person.
- Actively record all clinical outcomes.
- Participate in the MDT as appropriate and at the direction of senior clinicians within the team/service
- Pay Enhancements 30% additional for Evenings (8pm onwards) and Saturdays and 60% additional for Sundays and Bank holidays.
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 29 after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years
- Excellent pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- Wellbeing programme
- Blue Light Card Discounts
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- oQualification in Cognitive behavioural therapy post grad diploma and accreditable
- Supervision qualification
- oExperience of specialist mental health assessment and therapeutic interventions with children and young people with mental health problems and their families.
- oExperience of teaching, training and/or supervision.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.