Scarborough, Whitby & Ryedale CAMHS are seeking to recruit a CAMHS Clinician to join our team.
This post requires the candidate to have a professional registration; including mental health or Learning disability nurse, social worker or occupational therapist.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, well-motivated, forward thinking clinician to work as part of our team - working with young people with moderate to severe mental health needs.
Main duties of the job
The team is multi-disciplinary and provides specialist assessments, treatment and interventions for young people suffering from moderate to severe complex emotional, behavioural and psychological issues resulting in mental health problems.
Ideally, candidates will have extensive experience working within the field of Children's mental health in a health care setting. They should be able to demonstrate core knowledge and skills in mental health and neurodevelopmental assessment, formulation, care planning and treatment.
It is desirable for candidates to already be trained in a governed evidence based therapy such as Cognitive Behaviour Therapy , Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Family Therapy, or be trained as a Non Medical Prescriber (NMP).
You will work as part of a team but will need to be confident in your own clinical decision making skills. You will work with a range of professionals from a variety of different agencies including social care, acute care and a range of community sector partners.
The role will require candidates to be able to demonstrate some aspects of leadership to support the functions of the team and organisation
The service is committed to help staff develop their knowledge and experience within CAMHS and offer additional training appropriate to role.
If you enjoy working within a team who is passionate about children and young people's mental health, enjoy a challenge and have a flexible approach, then we would like to hear from you.
The trust is keen to promote learning and development opportunities for the right candidate we are able to offer a number of different developmental / training opportunities
We would welcome contact from any interested candidate to either ring up for an informal chat or look round.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see the attached job description and person specification for full details of role requirements.
Person Specification Qualification Essential
- Current professional registration with appropriate body in healthcare or social work.
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development.
- Depending on work area, recognised sign-off mentor (or equivalent) or must be achieved within agreed timescale.
- Leadership or management qualification.
- Certificate in teaching & assessing in clinical practice as appropriate to own profession.
- Working collaboratively with service users and their families/carers.
- Providing clinical supervision.
- Significant experience working with children and young people with mental ill health in a community setting.
- Demonstrable knowledge to post-graduate level of evidence-based practice in caring for children and young people in the designated field.
- Research and development methodology.
- Understanding of psychological models of care and treatment.
- Provide leadership and monitor, co-ordinate and prioritise the activities of a team.
- Work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team and undertake lead professional / care co-ordinator responsibilities
- Provide effective clinical supervision, teaching, training and assessing in clinical practice.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.