We are currently seeking a part time qualified nursing, occupational therapy or social care professional to join our Primary Care Mental Health service, to work as a primary care liaison practitioner 18.75 Hrs/Week
This exciting development recognizes that by placing specialist mental health staff in GP practices promoting early assessment and treatment in a recovery focused way, we can help people achieve the best outcomes.
Main duties of the job
This is a Band 6 mental health practitioner post. You will have a relevant professional qualification (nursing, social work, OT), and experience of working with service users with mental health needs. The post will be based within the primary care setting. The practitioner will offer primary care mental health liaison support to GP surgeries within a designated hub of surgeries and will have the opportunity to support the development and implementation of this service. The service will provide support to those being referred for support and will also seek to support primary care practitioners in the transfer of service users from secondary care to primary care.
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (HPFT) is an outstanding organisation with ambitions to match. We are one of just five mental health trusts to achieve an overall rating of 'Outstanding' from theCare Quality Commission, and our aim is to be the leading provider of mental health and specialist learning disability services in the country.
Our family of over 3500 members of staff provide health and social care for over 400,000 people with mental ill health, physical ill health and learning disabilities across Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, and Norfolk, delivering these services within the community and several inpatient settings. We also deliver a range of nationally commissioned specialist services including Tier 4 services for children and young people, perinatal services, plus medium and low secure learning disabilities services.
The care we provide makes a fantastic difference to the lives of our service users, their families and carers - everything is underpinned by choice, independence and equality, with our Trust values embedded throughout:
Our Trust values are:
Welcoming. Kind. Positive. Respectful. Professional.
These values are at the core of who we are, everything we do, and how we do it!
Would you like to be part of the HPFT family? Would you like work with us to ensure our service users live the fullest lives possible they can? Would you like to be supported in your career to be the best that you can be?
Then please read on...
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see Job description & personnel specification documents for full details of the post. Contact service manager Ian Gasson on 07554437598 for an informal chat about the opportunity.
At HPFT we view our staff as our most important resource and offer:
- Athorough induction to your role and team
- A regular, good quality supervision
- Access to Lead Nurse for your area promoting professional development
- Arange of developmental opportunities to support you to grow in your profession and your practice
- The opportunity to apply to work flexibly so that you can balance your work with your life outside work
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Nursing/ Socail work or OT
- Evidence of post reg CPD
- Completion of mentoriship or equivalent
- Non medical prescribing qualification
Experience and Attainments Essential
- Min, 1 year post reg experience
- Experience of working with people with severe mental ill health
- Experience of workng community /primary care
- Experience of workng consultativley with professionals
- Experience of providing assessment and clinical interventions
- Experience of supervising staff
Skills and knowledge Essential
- Excellent written and oral communcaation skills
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Estalblsh relationships with service users and carers
- Understanding of primary care mental health
- Partership working with other agencies
Analytical skills Essential
- Able to work autonomously in keeping with registratiin requirements and Trust policy
Physical skills Essential
- Car driver/access to car
- IT literacy
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.