A vacancy has arisen for an Occupational Therapist to join Salford's Memory Assessment and Treatment Service (MATS).
The post-holder will complete occupational therapy assessment of individuals with possible cognitive impairment or dementia, working under supervision of a Band 6 Occupational Therapist. We are looking for a motivated Occupational Therapist with an interest in delivering best practice within this setting.
The post-holder must be committed to professional development. The team offers great opportunities to continue your career progression with regular supervision, CPD sessions and training. We are passionate about enabling staff to develop and grow as practitioners through CPD funding, and AHP specific CPD sessions on a regular basis. For newly qualified Occupational Therapist's a preceptorship support package will be available.
Main duties of the job
- Provide occupational therapy assessment of individuals with possible cognitive impairment or dementia. Occupational therapy assessment will contribute to the diagnostic process, assess occupational engagement and performance, and assess risks.
- Provide occupational therapy intervention to promote health and well-being. This will include interventions to support engagement in occupation, completing onward referrals as appropriate, and implementing strategies to manage identified risks.
- Assist with the direction, supervision and support of support staff within the team and the training of Occupational Therapy Students as required.
- Abide by the College of Occupational Therapy Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct and the College of Occupational Therapy Professional Standards for Occupational Therapy Practice.
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users.
Job description Job responsibilities
See attached detailed job description and person specification. Staff Benefits
- Pay Enhancements 30% additional for Evenings (8pm onwards) and Saturdays and 60% additional for Sundays and Bank holidays.
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 29 after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years
- Excellent pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- Wellbeing programme
- Blue Light Card Discounts
Person Specification Experience Essential
- Experience in mental health setting
- Experience in MATS/or working with individuals living with dementia
- Use of OT process in MH setting
- Basic knowledge of legislation
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.