Led by Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and in partnership with YMCA Downslink and Southdown, Brighton and Hove Wellbeing Service provides a community-based range of evidence based therapeutic and clinical interventions to support children, young people and adults with mild to moderate mental health needs. Our service is based in the community and located primarily within SPFT venues and GP Practices. We receive referrals from a number of routes including self-referrals and by General Practitioners, working closely with community and secondary care Mental Health services.
To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID
Main duties of the job
We are recruiting Qualified Cognitive Behavioural Therapists
to join our expanding adult IAPT service.
As an improving access to Psychological Therapies service (IAPT) we offer a full range of IAPT compliant therapies and job roles. As a service we support people presenting with mild to moderate anxiety disorders and depression.
As a CBT Therapist working within the service your main responsibilities will include offering clinical assessments to service users as well as evidence based IAPT CBT interventions for a range of difficulties including depression, health anxiety, BDD, panic disorder, PTSD, OCD, GAD and specific phobias.
To apply for this role you will need to meet the essential criteria as per the job description and be accredited or accreditable with the BABCP.
As a mental health trust Sussex Partnership places a huge focus on the wellbeing of our staff, as well as ensuring our reward packages reflect the immensely important work they do. We can offer you:
- The opportunity to work in a new and exciting collaboration and to help us forge our path
- Access to numerous wellbeing and support programmes, run by our internal wellbeing team
- Excellent supervision programmes, with ongoing opportunities for training and development
- All the autonomy and responsibility you need to manage your caseload
- Access to a host of discount schemes (including gyms, shopping, restaurants and cars)
- A position within a trust rated as 'Outstanding' for caring and 'Good' overall by the CQC
If you want to join an innovative and exciting IAPT service in the vibrant and diverse seaside City of Brighton & Hove, then we would love to hear from you!
Job description Job responsibilities
This role will include face to face sessions, remote video and telephone sessions as well as group sessions with clients.
As a qualified CBT Therapist you will be expected to deliver CBT sessions with clients with a range of Anxiety and Depression disorders.
Experience of supervision or training within another modality such as MBCT, DIT, IPT, EMDR, LTC are desirable.
Please see attached Job description and person specification for further details of the role.
Person Specification Qualifications & Training Essential
- A recorded/registered qualification in one of the following at graduate level: nursing, social work, occupational therapy, arts therapy or a psychological therapy
- Evidence, using the career framework, of training in mental health and experience of working in a stepped care service for anxiety and depression
- Postgraduate Diploma or Masters Degree in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy affording eligibility for BABCP accreditation (Successful completion of the IAPT High Intensity traineeship will result in a Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy that, taken with the supervised work component of the traineeship, will qualify the trainee for accreditation as a Cognitive/Behavioural Psychotherapist with BABCP.)
- Experience of working in mental health services
- Ability to meet agreed/specified service targets
- Ability to manage own caseload and time
- Demonstrates high standards in written communication
- Able to write clear reports and letters to referrers
- Experience of working in Primary Care setting
- Experience of working in an IAPT service
- Experience of delivering Group interventions
- Training in another IAPT compliant modality such as EMDR, IPT, DIT or MBCT
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.