Specialist B6 Physiotherapist: Older People's Mental Health Service (Community) Full Time: 37.5 hours, 12 months Fixed Term at South & West CMHOPT at Horton Park, Bradford
We are looking for a passionate and motivated Physiotherapist to join our team to provide assessment, intervention, advice, support, education, training and information to service user, carers, other professionals and any other person involved in the care of the individual in respect of physiotherapy and the care of older people with specialist mental health needs including dementia, depression, anxiety, psychosis, bipolar spectrum disorder etc.
The physiotherapist will work as part of an interdisciplinary multiagency team within our Older People;'s Mental health Service, serving Bradford and its surrounding Districts.
Please note this is a fixed term post for 12 months. There may be scope for the duration of the contract to be extended subject to funding. Previous applicants need not applyTo discuss this post further, please contact: Heidi Thomas, Highly Specialist Physiotherapist Older People's Mental Health Service 07701295365 | Heidi.firstname.lastname@example.orgClosing Date: 30th September 2022 Shortlisting Date: w/c 3rd October 2022 Interview Date: (provisional) 17th October 2022
Main duties of the job
To provide assessment, intervention, advice, support, education, training & information to service users, carers, other professionals and any other person involved in the care of the individual in respect of physiotherapy and the care of older people with specialist mental health needs including dementia, depression, anxiety, psychosis, bipolar spectrum disorder etc.
Through the delivery of physiotherapy support older adults needs are met within the OPMH service, promoting optimal physical and mental well-being, functional capability and quality of life
To use evidence based / service user centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate physiotherapy interventions delivered in secondary mental health in-patient and community care settings
To participate actively in multi-disciplinary and multi-agency methods of working within the Trust's Older Peoples' Mental Health Service and across the heath and care system
To develop physiotherapy clinical practice within Older People's Mental Health Service. To actively contribute to the development of the physiotherapy service and the older people's mental health care pathway through debate, meetings etc.
To maintain professional standards and practice.
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values: - We Care
- We act with respect and empathy, and always value difference We Listen
- We understand people's views and respond to their individual needs We Deliver
- We develop and provide excellent services and support our partners
We will consider a variety of flexible working arrangements to enable staff to balance their work and home lives and support staff by offering a fantastic range of benefits including :
Additional cost of living payments for bands 1 - 7
Advanced Fuel expenses payment
Increase mileage rates for > 3500
A wide range of health and wellbeing support packages
A range of internal and external development and learning opportunities
Plus many more.
We are also proud to pledge our support to the Armed Forces and hold a Bronze Award in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
BDCFT is dedicated to environmental and social sustainability by delivering on the commitments within our Green Plan. All staff are actively encouraged and supported to participate in training and to identify and implement sustainable quality improvement across all service areas and activities.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please read the attached Job description and the person specification for more details about this role.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Degree/Diploma Physiotherapy
- Registered to work within the UK
- Health Professions Council registration
- Membership of relevant special interest group
- Minimum of 2 years post graduate experience
- Demonstrate clinical experience in care of older people and/or mental health care and/or neurological services and/or medical specialities
- Participated in the supervision of junior staff and physiotherapy students on clinical placement
- Awareness of personal appraisal systems.
- Participated in audit and /or research
- Demonstrate clinical experience of dementia, anxiety, depression, bipolar spectrum disorders, schizophrenia, psychosis, frailty, falls, multimorbidity etc.
- Awareness of impact of ageing and age-related decline e.g. frailty
- Experience working in both acute and community healthcare services
- Falls Prevention and Management
- Moving and Handling Regulations and their practical application in clinical practice.
- Evidence of attending post graduate CPD courses.
- Recognised courses in mental health and/or courses pertinent to the care of older people e.g. frailty
- Clinical Educator
- Recruitment and Selection
- Specialist Equipment Assessment e.g. wheelchairs
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.