An exciting opportunity has arisen for a registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) to work with Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust as a Band 5 Staff Nurse on Priory Ward.
Wotton Lawn Hospital is an 88 bedded Adult Acute Inpatient Hospital situated in the heart of the historic City of Gloucester.
We provide a service to our patients 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, so you will need to be able to work rotational shifts.
In return for your commitment we will provide the opportunity to participate in a comprehensive induction and Mental Health Nurse development programme (including a comprehensive Preceptorship Programme for newly registered nurses) which ensures that you feel fully supported with the right tools to undertake this challenging, but rewarding job. We will provide you with access to Post Registration training courses to help staff meet both your own identified continued professional development needs and the developing needs of this service.
The Trust aims to recruit and retain the best possible staff who, through the application of their skills, qualification and experience, will make a positive contribution to our business of providing quality health care services. It is the Trust's view that the costs associated with moving house in order to take up a post with us should not restrict our ability to recruit the excellent people we need; therefore, we support staff to relocate with our relocation policy.
Main duties of the job
The Job Purpose-
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate the nursing care needs of a specific group of service users
- Supervise mentor and teach qualified and unqualified staff including students
- Coordinate care for a specified group of service users
Core Key Responsibilities
- Work according to the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) Code of Professional Conduct and relevant professional guidelines as a named nurse or key worker taking responsibility for the assessment of care and health education needs
- Develop, implement and evaluate care plans in conjunction with service users, carers and other professionals ensuring individual needs are met
- Ensure that everyone involved in the care plan receives a copy and to ensure that all relevant details are recorded on Trust IT systems
- As named nurse to have responsibility for undertaking mental and behavioural state examinations for own service users and service users being admitted, repeated on at least a weekly basis and clinical risk assessment and management plans.
- Actively support service users in the management of their medication within a 'concordance framework' and relevant policies. Administer medication, including Intra-muscular injections depot medication as appropriate and monitor side effects. Delegate the checking and delivery of medication when appropriate.
This post requires the post holder to be able to undertake all statutory and mandatory training and post holders must be able to undertake physical interventions. Fitness for physical intervention will be assessed by Occupational Health.
To ensure you fully understand how the Trust, as a Data Controller, will process and store your data please read the attached document 'Applicant and Staff Privacy Notice' prior to applying for the role.
Job description Job responsibilities The qualification, training & experience requirements for the role are underlined in the Job Description/Person Specification. Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust are proud to have been recognised as a Veteran Aware Trust, evidencing the provision of the best care for Veterans and driving to improve the care for veterans and their families. Find out more about this by clicking on the link at the right hand side, titled Veterans Covenant Healthcare Alliance. Candidates for any staff appointment shall, when making application, disclose in writing to the Trust whether they are related to any governor. Failure to disclose such a relationship may disqualify a candidate and, if appointed, may render them liable to dismissal.
At Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust, we are supportive of the people we care for in the community and aim to provide a fully responsive service to everyone who needs it. This is the same approach we take for our employees. We look to value the skills and experiences of those we work with, whether they are service users, carers, families or those looking to work with us.
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust is part of the NHS. We treat NHS patients according to NHS principles and standards. The difference is the Trust is accountable to local people, rather than to Government, and so we are able to work closely with our community to develop services in the way that best suits the needs of local people.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- do you have the relevant qualifications for this role
- experience in working in healthcare setting
ability to be flexible Essential
- are you able to work full range of shifts to include days and nights
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.