The secure inpatient service at Roseberry Park Hospital has a vacancy for a permanent full time Trust Social Worker.
This band 6 post is open to registered social workers with relevant qualifications and working at the level of an experienced social worker as defined in the Professional Capability Framework (PCF). We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, compassionate and committed social worker to join our busy but friendly team.
Main duties of the job
To work within a multidisciplinary team to provide appropriate assessments and deliver interventions to individuals, families and carers in order to support recovery, promote self-management, and minimise risk.
To undertake duties under the Mental Health Act as required e.g. report writing and attendance at Mental Health tribunals and Hospital Managers Hearings.
To undertake statutory work as defined under the Mental Health Act 1983 and Mental Capacity Act and demonstrate an understanding of the restrictions that legal orders may have on a patient's life.
To contribute to the development of effective working relationships with colleagues from other teams, organisations and agencies, and to subsequently advise senior managers and others on relevant social care issues.
To provide individual and group interventions and therapies to mentally disordered offenders.
To work within professional guidelines including the PCF framework and the overall framework of the Trusts' policies and procedures.
To provide mentorship to those undertaking professional training, and to actively participate in the provision of appropriate training to team members and colleagues from other teams across the Trust area.
To be involved in timely discharge planning and in particular the Section 117 aftercare considerations, liaison with local authorities and placement considerations.
This is an excellent and exciting opportunity for the right candidate to become involved in the development of a proactive and forward-thinking team. You will be a member of a multi-disciplinary team and be offered a range of opportunities to develop and enhance your existing clinical and social work skills particularly research. You will receive regular social work supervision and will have the opportunity to network with social work colleagues across the trust and oversee social work student placements. As a member of the team, you will provide a social work service to those individuals on the secure inpatient service.
Applicants should be highly motivated, have the ability to act on own initiative and have sound assessment andIT skills.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see the job description for a full list of roles and responsibilities required for the Social Worker role.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- A registered social work qualification plus a period of indentured practice
- oEvidence of psychosocial educational qualification, ie. PSI/CBT
- oPractice Educator/ Teaching qualification
- oExperience of working with psychological models of care
- oEvidence of working within a forensic or community setting
- oEvidence of working within a multidisciplinary team
- oEvidence of using detailed risk assessments and formulation of subsequent care plans
- oAn ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- oLiaise effectively with external agencies
- oExperience of working within a prison environment
- oExperience of working with offenders
- oUp-to-date knowledge of mental health strategies
- oGood understanding of safeguarding procedures
- oWorking knowledge of relevant legislation including MHA 1983, MCA 2005 and Care Act 2014
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.