Band 5 RMN Overview -
Are you ready to make a positive change in your community whilst developing your career? Do you want to work for an award-winning Trust? Based in Airedale Centre for Mental Health: Bracken
On Bracken Ward anyone over the age of 65 dealing with acute mental health issues is cared for Fern/Heather
Fern and Heather Wards are separate Male and Female wards for people aged 18-65 dealing with acute mental Health difficulties About you
We're looking to hear from:
Band 5 RMN:
- Degree or equivalent within mental health nursing (RMN trained) - NMC registration and a valid live pin
- A Student awaiting qualification this year
You will need to be resilient, compassionate and dedicated to providing holistic care. Patient focused and driven to helping encourage recoveryof our patients. Benefits
Please note to be considered for this role, you must have RMN accreditation.
- You will be joining a Trust that values the health and wellbeing of its staff. You will have fast track access to our wellbeing zone including (but not limited to) physiotherapy, 24/7 counselling and maternity/paternity classes
- National staff discounts including Nandos, local Gyms, Cinema and National Park memberships
- Fast track access to physiotherapy, counselling, access to our Wellbeing Zone and childcare support services
- In-depth and supportive preceptorship programme
- Excellent training and development opportunities
Main duties of the job Job Purpose:
Responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care to patients for whom he/she is identified as named nurse. Holds delegated responsibility for management of the ward on a shift basis. Contributes to the supervision and development of junior staff. Helps to ensure the safety of the ward and unit environments. Closing Date: 30th September 2022 Shortlisting Date: 1st October 2022 Interview Date: W/C 10th October 2022
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values: - We Care
- We act with respect and empathy, and always value difference We Listen
- We understand people's views and respond to their individual needs We Deliver
- We develop and provide excellent services and support our partners
We will consider a variety of flexible working arrangements to enable staff to balance their work and home lives and support staff by offering a fantastic range of benefits including : A 'Welcome' Payment: Up to a maximum of £1000 - 50% to be paid on appointment and 50% after 6 months in post.
Relocation Expenses up to £8000 subject to circumstances and eligibility.
Interview Expenses subject to eligibility.
Additional cost of living payments for bands 1 - 7
Advanced Fuel expenses payment
Increase mileage rates for > 3500
A wide range of health and wellbeing support packages
A range of internal and external development and learning opportunities
Plus many more.
We are also proud to pledge our support to the Armed Forces and hold a Bronze Award in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
BDCFT is dedicated to environmental and social sustainability by delivering on the commitments within our Green Plan. All staff are actively encouraged and supported to participate in training and to identify and implement sustainable quality improvement across all service areas and activities.
Job description Job responsibilities Main duties:
Responsible for ensuring that he/she: Practices at all times within the professional parameters prescribed by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC). Assesses holistic care needs using evidence-based assessment tools. Prepares a relevant, evidence-based plan of care detailing interventions to risk assess manage and treat mental health needs. Provides skilled nursing interventions, which are based on the agreed plan of care. Evaluates and updates the plan of care to ensure patient needs are met. Administers prescribed medical treatments within the framework provided by professional, legal and local policy guidance. Observes and reports on the effects of prescribed medical treatments. Contributes to multi- disciplinary/ agency meetings and care plans. Facilitates empowerment and choice for service users as far as legal and risk
Management constraints allow. Supports and facilitates patient advocacy. Contributes to programmes of research and practice development.
2. Working as part of a Team Promotes effective team working Promotes multi- agency collaboration.
3. Managing Self
Staff Supervision and Support
- Participate in regular supervision.
- Attend all mandatory training.
- Participate annually identifying, developing and agreeing your own development plan with your line manager using the Trust Appraisal process.
- Comply with all Trust policies, procedures and protocols.
- Pay regard to materials and equipment.
- Carry out duties with due regard to the Trusts Equal Opportunity Policy.
- Seek advice and support from your line manager whenever necessary.
1.Supervises junior staff.
2.Assists in the identification of staff development needs. Supports staff to attain development objectives as identified through the Trust Development scheme.
3.Contributes to teaching and staff development as highlighted in identification process. Financial Responsibility
Assists in the efficient management of resources including deployment of staff on a shift basis Safeguarding
All staff members have a duty to report any concerns they have about the safety or well being of adult service users, members of their families, including children. Employees should be aware of their roles & responsibilities to both prevent and respond appropriately to abuse. They should undertake the safeguarding training required for their particular role.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registered Mental Nursing Certificate (RMN)
- Current Registration on part 3 or part 13 of NMC register
- Registered Learning Disability Nurse (RNLD)
- ENB 998 or other teaching certificate. Accredited counselling course or equivalent.
- Experience of working in a mental health setting either substantively or through placement
- For entry onto start of Band 5 as per qualification specification
- Experience in relevant area of Mental Health Nursing.
- Involvement in innovative nursing practice.
- Worked as Named Nurse/Primary Nurse/Keyworker/Team leader
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.