We are looking for a self-motivated, and forward-thinking clinicians who are strong team players with the ability to demonstrate leadership qualities and excellent communication skills. Possessing a solid foundation in core clinical skills they will embrace innovation and be committed to following best clinical practice.
Working within the musculoskeletal speciality participating as a member of the physiotherapy team you will be independently managing a musculoskeletal clinical caseload with the support of senior clinicians and mentors.
Main duties of the job
You will have the opportunity to work in a supported manner within each of the clinical delivery teams including:
- Community outpatient physiotherapy service
- MSK community multi-disciplinary triage of self-referrals
- Urgent primary care hubs
- Minor injuries units
This is approach is designed to consolidate your musculoskeletal experience and further develop independent clinical practice and supervisory skills to support you to further develop in your chosen specialism.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this role; Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.
Aneurin Bevan University Health Board is a multi-award winning NHS organisation with a passion for caring. The Health Board provides an exceptional workplace where you can feel trusted and valued. Whatever your specialty or stage in your career, we have opportunities for everyone to start, grow and build your career. The health board provides integrated acute, primary and community care serving a population of 650,000 and employing over 16,000 staff.
We offer a fantastic benefits package and extensive training and development opportunities with paid mandatory training, excellent in-house programmes, opportunities to complete recognised qualifications and professional career pathways including a range of management development programmes. We offer flexible working and promote a healthy work life balance, provide occupational health support and an ambitious plan for a Wellbeing Centre of Excellence to support you at work.
Our Clinical Futures strategy continues to enhance and promote care closer to home as well as high quality hospital care when needed. This includes the Grange University Hospital which provides specialist and critical care and is the newest addition to the clinical futures strategy opening in November 2020. Join us on our journey to pioneer new ways of working and deliver a world-class healthcare service fit for the future.
Job description Job responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac
Person Specification Qualification & Knowledge Essential
- Diploma/Degree in physiotherapy
- State Registered Physiotherapist (HCPC)
- Relevant clinical educators' course or willing to undertake training
- Appropriate range of postgraduate clinical education
- Active participation in relevant interest group
- Broad range of post graduate clinical experience including comprehensive rotational experience
- Specific experience in MSK speciality
- Experience of participating in and delivering in-service training programme
- Experience of supervising staff
- Evidence of having worked unsupervised
- Evidence of having participated in on-call and weekend duties where appropriate
- Evidence of having worked in the UK as a HCPC registered Physiotherapist
- Experience of integrating user participation in service development
- Experience of facilitating learning with undergraduate students
- Able to cope under pressure and adapt work patterns when the situation is unpredictable
- Commitment, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Ability to maintain high levels of concentration, alertness and awareness in unpredictable environments
- Adaptive team player with ability to motivate and respectful to others
- Ability to reflect on own performance
- Requirement OR willingness to undertake further masters level training up to PGC level
- Ability to travel and to work in a variety of sites based on need
- Prepared to work flexibly to meet service needs
- Available for weekend duties
- Membership of appropriate special interest groups
- Clear vision of role and commitment to specialty
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.