An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Sussex Partnership Foundation Trust as a Consultant Psychiatrist working at the Woodlands Acute Care Unit in Hastings, East Sussex. The post holder will be split between the 2 adult wards at the unit:
- Abbey Ward - 14 bed female acute ward
- Castle Ward - 9 bed male acute ward
This opportunity is available following the retirement of a consultant psychiatrist within the team. The post holder will work closely with Senior Managers and other consultants to contribute towards local service development.
Main duties of the job
You will work with a highly specialist multi-disciplinary team to provide in-patient care consisting of a Specialty Doctor, Clinical Psychologists, Nurse's, Support Workers and an Occupational Therapist.
You will be based in a friendly team environment and will have your own office space with access to a locker. You will also have access to a dedicated administrator.
On appointment you will have the opportunity to join the Trust wide consultant network as well as having access to peer support from colleagues here in East Sussex.
In addition to all of the above this post attracts a £5000 Golden Hello
Payment and the opportunity to claim up to £8000 in relocation expenses!
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust provides Mental Health, Learning Disability and Substance Misuse Services across East & West Sussex and Brighton & Hove.
The Trust aims to realise the potential of everyone who uses its services and to enable staff to do a great job. Sussex Partnership has teaching status with close links to Brighton & Sussex Medical School and is developing into one of the country's leading Mental Health Trusts. Working with us offers continued professional development, variety and a rewarding challenge. To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID.
Job description Job responsibilities
- Manage the inpatient admissions, team meetings, supervision of team members.
- Management of complex cases.
- Clinical leadership of team.
- Role in assessment of referrals/admissions.
- Care plan and treatment formulation, guidance on evidence-based treatment and effectiveness.
- Liaison and collaborative working with other services/agencies.
- Mental Health Act implementation.
- Multi-disciplinary, multi-agency and partnership working
Perhaps you have not decided yet and want to discuss your individual interests in working at Sussex Partnership? Although this job is advertised as a 10 PA post, if you want to discuss different working hours or flexible working
please pick up the phone and talk to us! We want to hear your thoughts and ideas on how our jobs can work for you.
Please note the Job Description is still with the Royal College for approval. If there are any small changes we will ensure all applicants receive the final version before interview.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- Additional clinical qualifications.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
Clinical skills, knowledge & experience Essential
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.