This is an exciting opportunity to join our nationally recognised, IPS (Individual, Placement and Support) Employment Service.
The successful applicant will work with service users with severe and enduring mental health conditions, to gain competitive paid employment, using the evidenced based (IPS) Individual Placement and Support model.
This is an opportunity to work in an innovative way which is proven to result in remarkable outcomes for users of Adult Mental Health services.
The IPS service has recently been awarded a 'Good' rating under the the IPS Grow Quality Mark and is the first IPS service in the North of England to be awarded the IPS Grow Quality Mark!If you would like to learn more about the role, join us for a recruitment lunch on 21st September 12.00 - 13.30pm at Assembly Bradford. Click on the link below for details and registration:- https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bdcft-ips-employment-specialist-recruitment-lunch-at-assembly-bradford-tickets-406434666027Closing Date - 16th October 2022 Shortlisting Date - 17th October 2022 Interview Date - 27th October 2022
Main duties of the job
To work with clients (managing a caseload) who have severe and enduring mental health needs, to assist them in securing sustainable paid employment in line with their preferences.
The role involves liaison and integration with a wide range of health and social care professionals within a Community Mental Health Team setting.
The successful candidate will be expected to develop relationships with clinicians and local employers to secure employment opportunities and subsequently provide on-going support according to employees and employers.
To deliver the Individual Placement and Support (IPS) approach, providing person centred advice and guidance to clients whilst building positive relationships with local employers to enable clients to move into suitable employment.
The post holder is required to take responsibility for autonomous planning of their workload, using initiative to deliver key performance targets, without direct supervision.
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values: - We Care
- We act with respect and empathy, and always value difference We Listen
- We understand people's views and respond to their individual needs We Deliver
- We develop and provide excellent services and support our partners
We will consider a variety of flexible working arrangements to enable staff to balance their work and home lives and support staff by offering a fantastic range of benefits including :
Additional cost of living payments for bands 1 - 7
Advanced Fuel expenses payment
Increase mileage rates for > 3500
A wide range of health and wellbeing support packages
A range of internal and external development and learning opportunities
Plus many more.
We are also proud to pledge our support to the Armed Forces and hold a Bronze Award in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
BDCFT is dedicated to environmental and social sustainability by delivering on the commitments within our Green Plan. All staff are actively encouraged and supported to participate in training and to identify and implement sustainable quality improvement across all service areas and activities.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please read the attached Job description and the person specification for more details about this role.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Degree or equivalent experience
- Willing to participate in relevant courses and training as required
- Training in supported employment (Particularly IPS)
- Training in welfare benefits
- oExperience/understanding of working with people with mental health support needs, or a similar client group within health, social services or the voluntary sector
- oExperience of working with someone on a one-to-one basis and facilitating activities that focus on recovery.
- Awareness of evidence base of IPS and some experience of delivering interventions that focus on vocational skills.
- Experience of supporting people with mental health conditions to obtain paid work
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.