To provide continuing management, leadership and development responsibilities ensuring the effective delivery of clinical/evidence-based practice by the team to a diverse group of patients, their families and carers, in accordance with quality practice and procedures. Ensuring all Performance Management and Clinical Governance arrangements are in place.Main duties of the job
You will be a Team Leader for Personality Disorder services working as part of a senior MDT providing direct clinical work, managerial and clinical supervision, training and supporting service development. This post will provide support and line management to the staff working in the Personality Disorder Pathway across Mid Notts and Bassetlaw. You will be a visible point of contact to staff requiring guidance, expertise and support in the delivery of high quality, person-centred care, compassionate care across the Personality Disorder Pathway. You will require excellent clinical and leadership skills and demonstrate core values that place individuals at the heart of their care.About us
We have a huge variety of opportunities in our expansive Trust covering geographically from South Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire to Leicester, providing mental health inpatient and community services, community health services, forensic mental health services and secure prison healthcare across the East Midlands.
We have more than 100 sites and a huge scope of unique opportunities to develop your career and gain some amazing experiences. We strive to be a great place to work and offer many staff benefits and tailored staff support and wellbeing programmes. Do you want to make a difference?Do you believe in Trust, Honesty, Respect, Compassion and Teamwork?
Then Nottinghamshire Healthcare is the perfect place for you to start, maintain or further your career. Join our team of nearly 9000 who are making a difference every day. We are all about our people - our staff, volunteers, carers, service users and patients. We are NottsHC.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter @NottsHealthcareJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Would you like to join a growing team and be part of transforming services for those who have a diagnosis of personality disorder and complex emotional needs?
As a result of the extra investment that is coming into Mental health services as part of the NHS Long term Plan, we are excited to be able to expand and transform what we offer to this service user group and their families. This investment will allow us to strengthen our teams across Nottinghamshire and Bassetlaw and forms the first part of a larger expansion across all elements of our developing stepped care integrated model.
You will work as part of a senior team that will oversee the development of and support to personality disorder services in line with National guidance. You will be part of AMH services and contribute to the implementation of the NHS LTP to improve outcomes for the local population. You will report to the Clinical Strategic Lead for Personality Disorder and join a strong senior team delivering this transformation.
You will be a Team Leader for Personality Disorder services working as part of a senior MDT providing direct clinical work, managerial and clinical supervision, training and supporting service development. This post will provide support and line management to the staff working in the Personality Disorder Pathway across Mid Notts and Bassetlaw. You will be a visible point of contact to staff requiring guidance, expertise and support in the delivery of high quality, person-centred care, compassionate care across the Personality Disorder Pathway. You will require excellent clinical and leadership skills and demonstrate core values that place individuals at the heart of their care.
You will hold a professional qualification and be registered with the appropriate professional body. You will be educated to diploma level or equivalent. Experience and expertise in working with those with personality disorder is also required.
A full UK driving licence and vehicle for business use is required for this post; however reasonable adjustments will be made for disabled individuals in line with the Equality Act 2010.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Professional Qualification (Mental Health/Learning Disabilities) plus further specialist knowledge/post registration experience to diploma level or equivalent underpinned by theory within physical healthcare or other formal training.
- Maintain current registration with the NMC and adheres to the NMC Code (or equivalent professional body) Demonstrates continuing Professional Development within their specialism.
- Management and Leadership qualification and experience
- Willingness to undertake new clinical practices, education and training that will enhance service delivery
- Demonstrate satisfactory clinical expertise for the banding
- The ability to deal with and resolve conflict
- Advanced knowledge of the principals of medication management and concordance
- Knowledge of education of others and identification of training requirements
- Advanced knowledge of the Care Programme Approach, Mental Health Act Mental Capacity Act, Deprivation of Liberty and Safeguarding etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of current legislation and understanding of clinical risk assessments
- Knowledge of the nursing 6 c's or equivalent competencies for own specialism
- Awareness of national and local issues impacting of nursing care.
- Knowledge of management theories
- Demonstrate leadership and management skills and qualities
- A high level of emotional intelligence
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.