Specialty Doctor, Forensic Outreach Service (FOS) AND Burntwood Villas (BWV). ( Permanent 10PAS) (Ref: 294-MEDI-0188A )
We are looking for a Specialty Doctor to join the Forensic Outreach Service (FOS) AND
The post holder will be based jointly between the Shaftsbury Clinic and Burntwood Villas and will be employed for 10 PAs per week. It would be beneficial for the postholder to have approval under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act, but this can be facilitated during post.
The postholder will be responsible for the day-to day management of the patients currently under the care of the Forensic Outreach Service and Burntwood Villas, and activities will include. For Forensic Outreach
- Participate in Wednesday zoning meeting
- Attend at least 1 other zoning meetings each week
- Participate in Health and Wellbeing /Depot Clinic
- Assessment and treatment of patients attending Springfield Hospital or in the Community either on their own or with care coordinator
- Take part in assessment of referrals to the service
- Attend CPAs and document the outcome of CPAs
- Liaise with the Ministry of Justice and allied Criminal Justice Services.
Main duties of the job For Burnt Wood Villas
- Providing medical treatment within a model of multi-disciplinary care.
- Attend the weekly team meeting and monthly governance meeting.
- Attend the weekly care planning review meeting.
- Take part in assessment of referrals to the service.
- Liaise with community teams.
- Attend CPAs and document the outcome of CPAs.
- Liaise with the patients' GP and medical specialists regarding physical health concerns.
- Prepare reports for Mental Health Review Tribunals and Managers' Hearings and attend and give evidence at these.
- Liaise with families and carers
This is a new post, created to provide more medical input to the ward, with the aim to optimize medical care and to improve flow.
About us BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH OUR ORGANISATION
We offer a number of excellent staff benefits and understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. Some of our benefits are highlighted here:
- Generous pay, pensions and leave, we offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package which is dependent on the role and length of service.
- Work life balance, we support a range of flexible options, such as: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, compressed hours and working from home.
- Career development, There are plenty of opportunities to progress your career and we support your development through a number of programmes such as mentoring, coaching, positive people management, collective leadership and other talent programmes
- Subsidised car parking - You can park at any of our sites at a reduced rate of £20/month.
- NHS discounts, with discounts up to 10% from a variety of well-known retail brands though Health Service Discounts website.
Other benefits include:
- Eye examinations
- Looking after your health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car lease scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff restaurants
- Free gym membership
Job description Job responsibilities
Applicants are advised to refer to the attached Job description for more information or to reach out to the named contact for a discussion about the post
The Job Plan timetable (in Job Description) may be changed in consultation with the Clinical Director in accordance with the Job Plan and Trust Clinical Governance Procedures. Supervision
Clinical Supervision will be provided by both the FOS RC and BWV RC. Administration
A shared office, trust laptop, trust mobile phone and secretarial support will be provided. Teaching and training opportunity
- The Trust has doctors in training within the Trust and the postholder will attend the weekly academic meeting.
- Medical students from St Georges University of London attend the Shaftsbury Clinic as part the penultimate year specialist visits. There are opportunities for an interested post-holder to get involved with teaching at St Georges including lectures, small group teaching, being a personal tutor and examining and interviewing for admission.
- Nurses and trainee Physician Associates are placed within the Trust, and SASG doctors play a role through informal supervision/teaching in their training.
- SASG doctors are encouraged in the Trust to take up leadership roles
There are many opportunities to become involved in research, audit, service evaluation and supervision of undergraduate research projects.
Person Specification Skills Essential
- oRegistered General Medical Practitioner
- oAbility to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- oApproval under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act
- oDay to day responsibility of acute medical and psychiatric care
- oExperience of working with people with mental health problems
- oExperience of working with people with alcohol and/or substance misuse
- oExperience of working in forensic or prison settings
- oPersonal experience of mental health
Knowledge & Qualifications Essential
- oMB BS or equivalent basic medical degrees
- oMRC Psych
- oFull GMC registration
- oRight to work in the UK
- oFurther qualifications relevant to psychiatry, especially forensic psychiatry, e.g. MSc, LLM etc.
Personal Qualities Essential
- oGood spoken and written English. Capacity to communicate effectively and sensitively with others.
- oCapacity to work co-operatively with others and show leadership when appropriate
- oCapacity to work effectively in multi-professional and multi-agency teams and to understand own role in team
- oCapacity and motivation to treat others with understanding and sensitivity and to see patients as people
- oCapacity to see beyond the obvious and to bring a range of approaches to solving problems
- oResilience to cope with external pressures and demands
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.