NHS England/Improvement has developed the Community Mental Health Framework for Adults and Older Adults to support local systems in implementing the NHS Long Term Plan’s(LTP) vision for transforming community mental health care.
This Framework sets out how the LTP’s vision for a new place-based community mental health model can be realised, and how we can modernise community mental health services to shift to whole person, whole population health approaches.
You will be working collaboratively with multi-disciplinary colleagues, service leads, primary care colleagues and the Associate Director to develop and continuously review the strategy for the delivery of the General Practice Integrated Mental Health Services (GPimhs) within Surrey Downs ICP and East Surrey ICP in the Surrey Heartlands area especially rolling out the services across new Primary Care Networks.
Main duties of the job
You will lead and/or contribute to service improvements, change programmes and business developments as required and plan and deliver expert clinical interventions, consultation and training.
Please see Job Description for details of main duties.
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is the leading provider of health and social care services for people of all ages with mental ill-health and learning disabilities in Surrey and North East Hampshire. We also provide social care services for people with a learning disability in Croydon and ASD and ADHD assessment services in Hampshire.
We actively seek to engage people who use our services and our communities in improving the mental wellbeing of the local population. We work closely with other NHS and voluntary sector organisations who provide services and support people who use services and carers.
Surrey is a beautiful county lying just 30 minutes away from Central London and from the South Coast.
Our historic market towns and bustling districts are enveloped in wonderful countryside, and our excellent road and rail networks bring the rest of the country within easy reach.
For international travel, both Gatwick and Heathrow airports are nearby.
Job description Job responsibilities My job makes better lives by
guiding, supporting, supervising and developing the General Practice Integrated Mental Health Services (GPimhs) workforce in providing integrated primary care services within the Trust, taking into account changes and developments in line with the Trust Clinical Strategy and reflecting national and local demands. By providing strategic leadership in the development and provision of clinical services. Job Overview
: To work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary colleagues, service leads, primary care colleagues and the Associate Director to develop and continuously review the strategy for the delivery of the GPimhs service in the Surrey Heartlands area. To lead and/or contribute to service improvements, change programmes and business developments as required. To plan and deliver expert clinical interventions, consultation and training.Suitable for someone who
is interested in and passionate about providing high quality strategic leadership in the programme of community transformation, alongside providing specialist psychological support to people using our service and their carers within the GPimhs service.Key Responsibilities
· To be professionally and legally responsible and accountable for all aspects of clinical work and care. To maintain high standards of care in all areas of practice in accordance with the HCPC Code of Conduct, professional guidelines and Trust Policies and Procedures. To act within the Mental Health Act and Mental Capacity Act (2005). To be aware of and implement Safeguarding Adult and Child Protection Policies, Procedures and legislation.
· Work in collaboration with senior colleagues, to lead on System-wide projects and development initiatives that support the strategic direction and enhance service delivery. To play a key role in identifying and developing opportunities to develop a psychologically informed service.
· To ensure that all psychology staff receive regular, high-quality supervision and Individual performance review/appraisals.
· To lead on appropriate staff recruitment within the service and contribute to wider strategic plans regarding recruitment.
· To demonstrate highly specialist expertise and specialist psychological skills such as specialist psychological assessments, neuropsychological assessments, formulation, therapeutic interventions and consultation to support people with specific needs meeting the criteria for the service.
· To act as supervisor/teacher in teaching, facilitating, and supporting pre- registration students and junior personnel and to participate in the audit of educational placements. To participate in new staff induction.
· To research national best practice and ensure practice against nationally recognised standards.
· To take a lead role in identifying and managing clinical audit and research opportunities within the service, maintaining current knowledge of research findings and development within the service.
· To develop, implement and monitor interventions driven by government initiatives.
· To influence and develop team cultures that support and encourage innovation, creativity, partnership working and curiosity.Additional Responsibilities
· To practice within a Positive Behaviour Support and trauma informed care framework.
· To lead on a clinical care pathway.
Person Specification Experience Essential
- Extensive post qualification clinical experience in relevant clinical setting
- Extensive experience of leading in clinical practice, service development or project work and contributing to strategic initiatives
- Extensive experience of implementing change following audit and service evaluation
- Demonstrable experience of developing complex formulations drawing on multiple psychological models
- Experience of advising senior managers on complex psychological issues and risk
- Doctorate in Clinical or Counselling Psychology qualification or equivalent
- Completion of an appropriate clinical supervision course to enable supervision of trainees
- Additional academic clinical qualification relevant to area of work (Desirable)
- Additional leadership/management study (Desirable)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.