Hybrid Working Opportunity
Are you a BABCP Accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapist who has completed a BABCP accredited course in evidence based talking therapy?
We are looking for someone with CBT experience as well as significant experience of working in a primary care setting or a Clinical / Counselling Psychologist.
Our staff benefit from regular supervision, CPD and a range of training opportunities to support career progression, including training in second modalities and long term health conditions.
We have links with the Oxford Centre for Psychological Health that includes Oxford Centre for Cognitive Therapy (OCTC) and Oxford Institute for Clinical Psychology Training, which is hosted by the Trust. We actively encourage innovation and research with opportunities for collaborations with Oxford Academic Health Science Network, University of Oxford Department of Psychiatry and Department of Experimental Psychology.
Main duties of the job
TalkingSpace Plus is an Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) service in Oxfordshire delivering cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and other evidence-based psychological interventions, through a stepped care treatment model to people in the community with common mental health problems.
To support our continued expansion, we have developed pathways in working with patients with anxiety and/or depression and living with long term physical health conditions such as Cardiac disease. We have expanded our offer of employment support services and this has been commended by the Department of Works and Pensions.
The role includes both direct clinical work and support to the Step 2 staff and the Admin Team to ensure the smooth and efficient delivery of initial contact with the TalkingSpace Plus service. It will involve supervision of clinical staff and provision of day supervision to all colleagues in the service as well as advice and guidance to other health professionals.
If you are working towards BABCP accreditation then do state this in your application.
We value our employees and put people first. As a Global Digital Exemplar, we will provide you with an excellent working environment. Evidencing this we are excited to offer this position as a hybrid of working remotely and on Trust premises. You will be able to be part of a driven, high quality trust and service, giving you the flexibility, you need to balance work and home life.
Other benefits of working for Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust include:
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
- 27 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, with an increase to 33 days with continuous service
- NHS Discount across a wide range of shops, restaurants and retailers
- Staff accommodation
- Competitive pension scheme
- Lease car scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
Job description Job responsibilities We welcome conversations about this role. Please do get in touch with Liam Cuttell on the contact details below to discuss further.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- A recorded/registered doctoral level qualification in clinical or counselling psychology OR
- A recorded/registered qualification in one of the following - nursing, social work,
- Accredited with the BABCP
- Sucscessful completion of accredited CBT course to PG Dip level
- To have completed a recognised CBT/IPT/DIT/EMDR supervisor training relevant to IAPT service provision.
- Demonstrable experience of working in mental health services
- Worked in a service where agreed targets in place
- Ability to manage own caseload and time
- Demonstrates high standards in written communication
- Delivery of therapy groups
- Experience of providing evidence based psychological therapies including CBT
- Experience with routine outcome monitoring
- Experience of working in Primary Care Services
- To have delivered CBT/DIT/IPT/EMDR supervision individually or in a group
- Ability to evaluate and put in place the effect of training
- Computer literate
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, complex, highly technical and/or clinically sensitive information to clients, their families, carers and other professional colleagues both within and outside the NHS
- received training (either formal of through experience) and carried out risk assessments within scope of practice
- Able to develop good therapeutic relationships with clients
- Understanding of principles and methods of clinical audit, research and service evaluation
- Demonstrates an understanding of anxiety and depression and how it may present in Primary Care
- Knowledge of medication used in anxiety and depression and other common mental health problems
- Knowledge of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and other relevant legislation
- Deliver therapy in languages other than English.
- Experience of working with diverse communities and within a multicultural setting
- High level of enthusiasm and motivation.
- Ability to work within a team and foster good working relationships
- Ability to use clinical supervision and personal development positively and effectively
- Regard for others and respect for individual rights of autonomy and confidentiality
- Ability to be self-reflective, whilst working with service users, in own personal and professional development and in supervision
- Able to travel to different locations for business and training purposes
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Employer details Employer name
Oxford Health NHS Trust
Talking Space Plus, Abell House
https://www.oxfordhealth.nhs.uk (Opens in a new tab)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.