City and Hackney Specialist CAMHS
Specialist CAMHS Psychologist (Emotional and Behavioural Pathway/Wellbeing and Mental Health in Schools)
Band 7 or Band 6 until accredited if soon to be qualified
Full time, permanent post
37.5 hours 10 sessions
Main duties of the job
We are seeking an enthusiastic and creative Specialist Psychologist with CAMHS and liaison experience to come and work in the socially and culturally diverse borough of City and Hackney.
We welcome applications from newly qualified or soon to be qualified psychologists.
This post is part of a comprehensive Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service, within the East London NHS Foundation Trust and as part of the wider Hackney CAMHS Alliance. This post will include the provision of specialist CAMHS advice/consultation and mental health assessment, family interventions and liaison with other agencies, and the possibility to supervise other clinicians.
We welcome applicants who enjoy working effectively as part of a team, have competencies in working with families from diverse cultures and ethnicities, and have a commitment to delivering high quality, evidence based practice. Applicants who have experience and appreciation of some of the richness and complexities of working inter-culturally are welcomed.
Job description Job responsibilities
Job description attached.
Contact: Stephanie Minchin (Highly Specialist Clinical Psychologist) email@example.com or Dr Donna Oxley (Principal Clinical Psychologist) at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0203-222-5600.
Person Specification Qualifications and Experience Essential
- Postgraduate Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (or its equivalent for those trained prior to 1996) as accredited by the BPS. ? Registration with HCPC. OR ? Postgraduate Doctorate in Counselling Psychology (or its equivalent) as accredited by the BPS. ? Registration with HCPC
- Experience in delivering specialist level mental health interventions in Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services
- Experience of working with children and young people with a wide range of complex mental health needs
- Experience of teaching and training
- experience of risk assessment and management
- Qualifications/ training in specialist skills e.g. systemic therapies, neuropsychology CBT, Evidence based parent training programs, group work
- Evidence of specialist clinical skills and knowledge in CAMHS
- Specialist skills in applying theory to work with individuals, couples, families, groups and organisations
- Computer skills, including Excel
- Able to work effectively across organisational boundaries, liaising effectively with other agencies and professionals
- Skilled in emergency and crisis assessment s
- Evidence of ability to lead, support and influence others
- Masters or Doctoral level knowledge of research methodology consistent with and relevant to CAMHS practice
- Knowledge of and skill in using a wide variety of CAMH theories and interventions and the ability to use these appropriately in relation to client need and work setting
- Evidence of continuing Professional Development as required by Professional Body
- A high degree of self-awareness and an ability to reflect on personal and professional attitudes and accept feedback
- Awareness of current national guidelines and policies in the field of CAMHS
- Specific knowledge of pertinent issues for CAMHS and education
- Knowledge of development in inter agency partnership
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Employer details Employer name
East London NHS Foundation Trust
15 Homerton Row
https://www.elft.nhs.uk/ (Opens in a new tab)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.