An exciting opportunity has arisen for competent, confident and enthusiastic Occupational Therapists to join our team working with people presenting with complex needs as part the 'Durham & Darlington Occupational Therapy Hub' working with adults of working age across both inpatient and community settings.
This is part of a 2022 recruitment drive that also involves recruiting B5sThis post is a fantastic development opportunity for both experienced Band 5 staff who feel ready to increase their level of added responsibility and challenge, and existing Band 6 staff who wish to broaden their expert knowledge further.
Main duties of the job
The D&D OT Hub is a centralised service split across the 2 sites. The primary pick-up point for the team are the acute wards at Lanchester Road Hospital, Durham and West Park Hospital, Darlington.
Successful candidates will have the option of nominating a preference for being part of the North or the South Team. Overall the team covers 90 acute beds with the option of post-discharge support for residents of Durham & Darlington therefore providing a seamless transition between inpatient stay and home-based recovery.
The team works as an effective part of the MDT and supports activity coordinators who work into both sites. Assessments and interventions will be completed as part of dynamic multi disciplinary inpatient and community teams. There is a strong commitment to the central premise of occupational therapists delivering occupational therapy, collaborative working, and an absolute focus on delivering high quality evidence based services to the individual. A commitment to occupational formulation, and the delivery of 1:1 and group interventions that are occupationally focused is required.
The post will offer varied opportunities for training and development, with CPD needs being identified and monitored through appraisal. Well defined supervision systems are in place.
Operationally, the team has been hit hard by COVID, this advert forming part of a 'building back better' strategy to ensure that we are back to full strength. Despite a few setbacks the team has remained clinically focused and highly responsive to the needs of our patients.
Professional leadership is strong and we have been lucky enough to develop and recruit to a NEW B7 Highly Specialist OT post that provides additional support and clinical assurance. To work best in the team we are looking for candidates who are highly patient focused, confident in their emerging skills set, dynamic and resilient
Job description Job responsibilities
The B6 posts are supported by B7 Supervision with OT assistants in place to ensure that role fidelity is maintained and that each member of the team is working to their optimum. Successful candidates will be responsible for their own caseloads and will fully interface with the team via formal and informal supervision, bi-weekly huddles & interface with the MDT via all clinical forums available. The patient turnover is fast so the need to adopt well-established and well-tried systems is paramount
Additional contact information
Samantha Minnaar, Specialist Occupational Therapist, email@example.com
Emma Davis, Highly Specialist Occupational Therapist, firstname.lastname@example.org
Siobhan Simpson, Lead Occupational Therapist, email@example.com
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Degree in Occupational Therapy or equivalent
- Registration with HCPC
- Clinical Supervisory Skills course (or willingness to undertake within agreed timescale).
- Trust training in Appraisal and Recruitment (or willingness to undertake within an agreed timescale)
- Numeracy, Literacy and ITQ level 2 (or equivalent)
- Accredited Practice Placement Educator
- Post-graduate qualification in a relevant area.
- Significant experience in Occupational Therapy including experience working with service users in mental health or learning disabilities with complex needs.
- Experience of supervising students on placement
- Experience of participation in quality improvement activities
- Experience of participation in clinical governance activities
- Experience of developing and delivering training
- Day to day supervision of staff
- National guidance and key standards in own specialist area
- Health and Safety legislation and its application in practice
- Clinical Risk Assessment and Management and its application in practice.
- Clinical Governance and its application in practice.
- Safeguarding and its application in practice.
- Significant knowledge to post-graduate level of the needs and difficulties of service users in designated specialist area.
- Significant knowledge of evidence based practice in designated specialist area
- Knowledge of the Trust's Quality Improvement System (or willingness to learn in agreed timescale)
- Communicate complex and sensitive information in a manner appropriate to the individual and situation.
- Solve complex clinical problems
- Record keeping and report writing
- Work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Manage own caseload and prioritise effectively
- Motivate and work positively and constructively with other members of the team.
- Apply latest research evidence and evaluative thinking in practice
- Use multimedia materials for presentations in professional settings.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Employer details Employer name
Tees Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust
Lanchester Road Hospital/West Park Hospital
Lanchester Road/Edward Pease Way
https://www.tewv.nhs.uk/ (Opens in a new tab)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.