Sussex Partnership have an exciting opportunity for a Consultant Psychiatrist to join our acute (inpatient) services at Mill View Hospital in Hove. The post holder will work with adult patients on Pavilion Ward (0.6WTE), a 10-bed acute adult psychiatric intensive care unit (PICU).
At Sussex Partnership we are committed to providing opportunities forflexible working
. If you would like to work differently or different hours to those advertised, please get in touch to discuss this in more detail.
Please note this post attracts aGolden Hello
payment of up to£5,000
as well as aRelocation Package
of up to£8000.
Information on these can be obtained from the Medical Staffing Team on 0300 304 0393.
Main duties of the job
The post-holder will be expected to provide specialist medical and psychiatric assessment, and treatment on Pavilion Ward. As part of this you will provide specialist medical advice and consultation to a range of health and social care staff to promote effective delivery of person-centred mental health care.
You will provide senior medical leadership to the ward and take the lead in managing complex cases, as well as providing clinical advice and liaison as required to colleagues in primary care, community services and acute specialties.
The post holder will work closely with the well-established and supportive Multi-Disciplinary Team to contribute towards local service development You will also be part of a Trust wide consultant network, where there are opportunities to liaise with colleagues in other posts throughout the Trust and develop peer networks. You will also see consultant peers weekly at the local academic programme, at regular meetings in the locality and at clinical governance meetings.
Sussex Partnership is about the people. The people we work for, the people we work with and the people we want to become. We want to create the right job for you that not only provides a high quality service for our service users and carers but works with your interests. Research
- Are you looking to further or start your research? We have Research Assistants embedded within teams and have access to leading edge technology to support you with this. Education
- Are you interested in taking students on placement or getting involved with teaching? We have strong links with Brighton and Sussex Medical School and encourage our Consultants to become supervisors to Foundation, GP, Core or Higher trainees.. Support
- Are you looking for opportunities to work flexibly or work in teams that understand and support each other? We appreciate how caring our staff are and recognise the importance of caring about you too.
If you haven't thought about living inSussex
before then you should consider the following:
- Journey from the coast to the countryside in minutes
- Enjoy a lifestyle where there are renowned cycle routes and picturesque walks, including the famous South Downs Way in the South Downs National Park!
- Embrace taking time to discover all the miles of scenic coastline
- London is also within easy reach via local and national bus routes and national mainline stations
Job description Job responsibilities
There is only so much we can say to you in an advert, so would love to speak to you about this role in more detail. For more information please see our contact details below!
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
CLINICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE Essential
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
ACADEMIC SKILLS & LIFELONG LEARNING Essential
- Able to deliver undergraduate or postgraduate teaching and training
- Ability to work in and lead team
- Demonstrate commitment to shared leadership & collaborative working to deliver improvement.
- Ability to work in a participatory way so that shared decision making and conversations around formulation/diagnosis and ongoing care are a collaborative endeavour with the people who access our service.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.