A Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist is required for Newham Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service. These clinical sessions are located within our Core Emotional and Behavioural Teams (8 PA) and Front Door team (2PA). We would consider full and part time applicants. The post hasa arisen following the retirement of a consultant colleague.
Working from our Newham based clinic you will be joining a group of dynamic and supportive Consultant and junior Psychiatrists. You will join an experienced multi-disciplinary team with a model that includes high quality delivery of clinical assessment and interventions. You will also join experienced senior clinicians as part of senior management to influence service development and innovation.
Main duties of the job
Newham CAMHS is undergoing significant transformation and expansion of the service to become a truly embedded community facing service building strong links with the local authority, schools, youth services and voluntary organisations.
You will join a group of over 100 clinicians from a wide range of disciplines working across the borough. The service is a vibrant specialist child and adolescent mental health service with a reputation for innovation and flexibility in meeting the complex mental health support needs of Newham's children, young people and families.
It is centrally located on one site in Plaistow, Newham, and provides an extensive and growing range of services including Paediatric Liaison Team, Neurodevelopmental Team, Looked After Children Team and Social Care/Early Help Team and Education outreach.
Applications will be welcomed from candidates included in or eligible for the Specialist Register or within three months of obtaining the CCST in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry or for 3 month Acting Up during the final ST6 training year.We would be happy to consider both part time and full time candidates.
We believe that the costs associated with relocation should not restrict our ability to recruit the staff we need; if you are joining our Trust then we could support you with this by offering up to £10,000 for removal and associated expenses.
Our vision is to make a positive difference to young people's lives by providing the highest quality mental health care to our local communities, to help them overcome some of life's challenges.
ELFT have an exciting opportunity for a Consultant Child & Adolescent in E&B and Front Door Team Psychiatrists to join our CQC rated Outstanding Foundation Trust.
The Health Service Journal rated ELFT as one of the best places to work. ELFT as an organisation is a strong supporter of clinical leadership development with a strong body of supportive and influential consultant psychiatrists.
We are committed to quality improvement programmes for the benefit of our staff, patients and carers.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see JD (Job Description) and PS (Personal Specification) for full details of role requirements. Job Ref: MRSS4538015
Person Specification Education/ Qualification/ Training Essential
- Full GMC registration
- MRCPsych parts 1&2 or equivalent
- Eligibility for inclusion on the Specialist Register or CCT in appropriate specialty (or within 6 months)
- Section 12 approved and Approved Clinician status or willing to apply for approval
- Possesses an extensive range of clinical knowledge and excellent clinical skills.
- Experience of assessment and management of CYP with complex mental health disorders
Knowledge and Skills Essential
- Concerned to maintain and develop this knowledge
- Displays sound professional judgement
- Exercises sound clinical risk management
- Sees patients within a holistic context
- Creative in the design and implementation of treatment programmes
- Higher training in a specific psychotherapeutic treatment or modality eg. Family Therapy, CBT, individual or group psychotherapy.
- Shows an approach based on critical enquiry and evidence based practice
- Able to balance competing demands and prioritise
- Appreciation and understanding of transcultural and gender issues in psychiatry
Communication and Interpersonal Skills Essential
- Strong leadership and co-ordination skills with ability to direct and organise teams
- Excellent communication skills with a range of different people
- Ability to build effective relationships with patients, families, colleagues and other professionals
- Ability to cope with considerable pressure and adapt to constant change and new demands
- Shows enthusiasm and initiative in pursuing innovation and the highest standards for patients, juniors, colleagues and the organisation
- Experience of teaching in small groups and lecturing
- Commitment to both undergraduate and postgraduate teaching, academic and clinical
- Familiarity with problem based learning approaches
- Enthusiastic and organised approach to audit and quality assurance
- Ability to operate effectively in a committee
- Training in management skills
- Experience of management of a clinical area
- Experience of service development
- Experience in a research project
- Publication accepted by peer review journals in a relevant academic field
Travel Requirements Essential
- Ability to travel to other venues in the community including patients' homes
- Meets professional health requirements
- Adherence to the highest ethical and professional standards
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Employer details Employer name
East London NHS Foundation Trust
411 Barking Road
https://www.elft.nhs.uk/ (Opens in a new tab)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.