We are seeking autonomous, innovative, practitioners, who would like to work within one of our integrated Community Mental Health Teams in Bradford. As a service we have developed innovative ways of delivering recovery focused intervention to support people in their individual recovery journey.
Applications are invited from those with a relevant Nursing, Occupational Therapy or Social Work qualification who work collaboratively within a multi professional team and have the ability to work independently.
The team comprises of Doctors, Nurses, Psychologists, Social workers, support and peer workers delivering a recovery focused service based upon on our Care Closer To Home initiative. The ideal candidate will have a dynamic approach to working as part of the MDT.Closing Date: 25th September 2022 Shortlisting Date: 26th September 2022 Interview Date: 10th October 2022
Main duties of the job
The post holder will be expected to work without direct supervision and be able to organise and prioritise their workload. Whilst reporting to the Team Leader, they will be capable of making autonomous clinical decisions affecting the mental health care of clients, based of their own and others' assessments and observations and requiring analysis of a complex range of information and options
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values: - We Care
- We act with respect and empathy, and always value difference We Listen
- We understand people's views and respond to their individual needs We Deliver
- We develop and provide excellent services and support our partners
We will consider a variety of flexible working arrangements to enable staff to balance their work and home lives and support staff by offering a fantastic range of benefits including :
Additional cost of living payments for bands 1 - 7
Advanced Fuel expenses payment
Increase mileage rates for > 3500
A wide range of health and wellbeing support packages
A range of internal and external development and learning opportunities
Plus many more.
We are also proud to pledge our support to the Armed Forces and hold a Bronze Award in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
BDCFT is dedicated to environmental and social sustainability by delivering on the commitments within our Green Plan. All staff are actively encouraged and supported to participate in training and to identify and implement sustainable quality improvement across all service areas and activities.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please read the attached Job description and the person specification for more details about this role.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- oProfessional qualification in mental health nursing, social work, occupational therapy
- oRegistration with NMC or Health & Care Professions Council
- oMinimum of 6 months post basic experience in Mental Health
- oWorked as keyworker with mental health client group
- oExperience of being clinical adviser to junior staff or students
- oExperience in relevant area of Mental Health
- oInvolvement in innovative practice
- oWorkers as Named Nurse/Primary Nurse/Key worker/Team Leader
- oWilling to undertake all mandatory training and any other training that may be required in the future
- oWritten and verbal
- oArticulate and meaningful, legible.
- oCompetent clinical skills i.e. assessment, therapeutic interventions and management.
- oIT Skills
- oLanguage fluency, particularly Punjabi, Urdu, Bengali, Hindi, Guajarati.
- oExperience in Group work and Counselling.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Employer details Employer name
Bradford District Care NHS Foundation Trust
South and West Mental Health Team
10-16 St Martin’s Avenue, Fieldhead
https://www.bdct.nhs.uk/current-vacancies/ (Opens in a new tab)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.