Eating Disorder Locality Lead | Band 7 | Full time
We are seeking an Eating Disorder Locality Lead to join our expanding and enthusiastic Community Eating Disorder Service.
You will be working with patients with eating disorders: assessing their needs, developing Dialog+ care plans, co-ordinating and reviewing care, offering targeted specialist intervention.
You will be responsible for providing clinical advice, liaison and supervision across the Trust including our VCSE partners. You will work collaboratively and flexibly with the multi-professional teams in the community and inpatients wards to co-ordinate a coherent bio/psycho/social approach towards eating disorders in the Trust, actively promoting continuity of care and approach between wards and community teams.
Main duties of the job
The post-holder will take responsibility for the provision of a high quality service for those diagnosed with an eating disorder. Alongside carrying a caseload, the post-holder will:
- Provide structured guidance, supervision and advice to other mental health staff in relation to their working practice with this service user group
- Contribute to the development and delivery of training packages across the Trust and beyond
- Promote awareness and best practice concerning eating disorders across community and inpatient teams, actively supporting positive attitudes and a consistent approach towards assessment and treatment of this service user group.
- Offer clinical supervision and supporting and chairing clinical discussions and meetings.
- Provide knowledge of theory and practice of a wide range of interventions appropriate for the assessment and treatment of people with an eating disorder including psychological and physical needs.
- Encourage full participation of service users developing services, monitoring and evaluation.
- Continue development of Eating Disorder Service as well as delivering training across the Trust.
- Triaging and managing referrals held by the team and liaising with out of county Eating Disorder Units about admissions
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone's throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan - there is truly something for everyone!
Job description Job responsibilities
The post-holder will be joining an expanding and enthusiastic county-wide adult Community Eating Disorder Service. The existing team comprises a Clinical Lead,Principal Clinical Psychologist, Consultant Psychiatrist, a Clinical Psychologist, twoDietitians, two Psychological Therapists, four Eating Disorder Locality Leads (Clinical Specialists) a Specialist OT (under recruitment),, an Assistant Psychologist, 2 Trainee Clinical Associate Psychologists, 4 Support Workers and an administrator. Please see the attached job description for full duties and responsibilities.
Person Specification essential and desirable Essential
- Registered mental health nurse. (RMN) or Allied Mental Health Professional e.g. social worker, occupational therapist, psychologist etc
- Commitment to continuing professional development in the field of eating disorders e.g. attending relevant MSc modules or equivalent.
- Non-medical prescribing or a willingness to undertake appropriate training
- Experience in mental health provision and eating disorders underpinned by relevant bio/psychosocial clinical models.
- Specialist Eating Disorder training at MSc level or equivalent.
- Working with clients in the community and inpatient settings
- Experience of teaching / training other staff, particularly in the field of ED
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.