This exciting 12 month opportunity is available due to the current post holder moving into the CAMHS Team leader position. The team really value Occupational therapy and the skills an OT can bring into the team. Support is available from the team Leader to develop you within this role.
It’s an exciting, but challenging time for mental health services for young people in South Staffordshire. We are receiving investment in services to expand provision and have a programme of modernisation in process to provide better, more integrated care along with partners.
We are launching a number of new developments due to investment opportunities across both our core CAMHS and our specialist CAMHS provision.
We are delighted that investment in our core CAMHS provision has enabled us to offer an opportunity for an Occupational Therapist to join our CAMHS Team based in Stafford, to support the needs of our children, young people and families.
The successful candidate will deliver, as part of the wider Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) high quality, timely and comprehensive mental health service for children and young people (CYP) with a range of complex mental health needs. Ensuring the occupational therapy profession is represented within the Multi-disciplinary approach to care. To provide the co-ordination and collaboration in meeting the needs for a defined caseload working directly with CYP, their families/carers and external agencies.
The Post holder will:
• Be competent and proficient in delivering the requirements of the role; working as part of the multi-disciplinary team with children and young people in the CAMHS team.
• Demonstrate at all times the Partnership Trust’s Values and Behaviour Framework.
• Be a Specialist Occupational Therapist and have a detailed professional and clinical knowledge in the assessment and management of the functional needs of children and young people with complex mental health needs.
• Leading, educating and supervising the development of Occupational Therapy within the CAMHS team
• Be responsible for a defined population of service users.
• Be skilled in the assessment of the occupational needs and in the development, implementation and evaluation of support/treatment packages.
• Have training and leadership responsibilities where appropriate and have responsibility for team performance and service developments/improvements for Occupational Therapist.
• Demonstrate initiative and be creative in finding solutions to problems.
• Work with the team leader undertaking delegated tasks in team management.
The post holder will participate in the delivery of the agreed aims and objectives of the service and identify factors which may inhibit these from being achieved. They will assist in the delivery of a high standard of professional care. They will implement agreed systems for the monitoring of effectiveness of care. They will participate in team and service development and evaluation. Liaison, advice and consultation with a wide range of agencies are central to the role.
For further information about this role please contact: Karen Crutchley- CAMHS Team lead on: Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.