PLEASE NOTE THIS ADVERT IS FOR OCCUPATIONAL THERAPISTS THAT ARE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UK The Role
We are searching for motivated and innovative internationally trained mental health professionals across all our inpatient services in Devon. Join us and you will play a central role within committed and dynamic teams that are passionate about making a difference to people’s lives.
- Are you looking for a new challenge, providing dynamic, high-quality inpatient mental health care in the UK?
- Are you an International Occupational Therapist looking to join the NHS and be part of something special?
- Are you, or could you, be eligible to work in the UK as an Occupational Therapist?
This is an incredible opportunity to establish a career with Devon Partnership NHS Trust, in one of the country’s most exciting and progressive mental health and learning disability trusts. You will be supported with dedicated supervision and encouraged to develop your clinical competencies within a stimulating learning environment.
You will become part of a supportive multi-disciplinary team, using your skills and experience to help define and deliver a package of care to people on one of our mixed gender wards that helps them on their road to recovery. We believe that with our help, people can improve their mental health, to recover independence and return to their local community.
We will encourage and help you to learn, develop and grow in this role. About you
You will initially join as a a Band 5 Occupational Therapist.
3 months paid Trust accommodation upon arrival in the UK
Full professional and pastoral support throughout your application process and induction into the NHS
Fully paid VISA and flights to the UK
Ongoing learning and development opportunities to help you excel
You’ll have excellent communication skills, a commitment to working flexibly and be happy to participate in the 7 day a week rota to meet the needs of people who use our services.
We have no preconceptions about the people we employ. What matters to us is your passion, commitment and determination to succeed and being able to demonstrate you share our values and those of the NHS. We will assess this at interview.
You will be able to demonstrate how you have worked effectively in a multi-disciplinary team setting. You will need to demonstrate your commitment to personal development and if experienced how you have supported a team to succeed.
We welcome independent and critical thinkers. You will be encouraged and supported to use quality improvement methodology to help improve our services. Our Quality Improvement Academy is on hand to provide access to expert advice and support in your work area that will help you to improve the work you do every day.
If you are committed to providing person-centred care and a focus recovery we believe that with your help and dedication, people can improve their mental health, recover independence and return to living a meaningful life.
We will repay your commitment with opportunities for training and personal development, as well as offering you enough time to enjoy the incredible lifestyle you get in Devon. Please submit an application at the earliest opportunity as we will be reviewing applications on a regular basis and offering shortlisted candidates an interview date as soon as possible. About us
As a specialist Mental Health and Learning Disability provider we offer a range of community and inpatient services including:
- Adult and Older persons inpatient units,
- Adult and Older Persons community services,
- Community and Inpatient forensic services,
- Community and Inpatient Learning Disability services,
- Specialist perinatal and mother and baby services,
- Specialist eating disorder services,
- Gender identity services.
Join us at Devon Partnership NHS Trust and you’ll become part of an award-winning organisation that is passionate about mental health and learning disability. Our offer to you
Benefits of working at Devon Partnership NHS Trust include:
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 27 days of annual leave per year plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years’ service withtheNHS so you can really enjoy what Devon has to offer
- Individual personal development plans and a commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our staff networks
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Cycle to Work Scheme and reduced public transport rates
- Structured learning and development opportunities.
- 3 months paid Trust accommodation upon arrival in the UK
- Full professional and pastoral support throughout your application process and induction into the NHS
- Fully paid VISA and flights to the UK
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities to help you excel in your new role
Devon offers beautiful coastal and countryside locations with a wide range of social & leisure opportunities. This ranges from some of the best beaches in the Country, The Moors, Canals and rivers all of which can be accessed easily via foot, car, bike or boat.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.