Drug and Alcohol Services in Torbay are in the process of major restructuring with an alliance approach to the support provided to individuals with complex needs being adopted across the homeless, domestic violence and drug and alcohol services. Working as part of the Torbay Recovery Initiative TRI , Devon Partnership NHS Trust is seeking a Practitioner Psychologist in Substance Misuse.
- Are you someone looking for a career in one of the UK's most respected mental health and learning disability trusts?
- Would you like to be part of a dedicated team committed to making a difference to people’s lives to enjoy a better future?
Devon Partnership NHS Trust is growing as we establish ourselves us as one of the leading providers of mental health services in the country.
Working as part of Devon Partnership NHS Trust, you will make a difference to people’s lives from the moment you start.
£48,526 - £54,619 per annum pro rata (Band 8a)
You will be required to work autonomously within professional guidelines and exercise responsibility for the systematic governance of psychological practice within professional and Trust guidelines as lead specialist.
To provide specialist psychology services for people referred to the drug and alcohol service who require bespoke, evidence-based formulation and intervention plans, often with a focus on complex trauma.
To lead on the development of the training of staff within the complex needs alliance in trauma informed approaches within Torbay.
To support and enhance the professional psychological care of patients within the service, providing highly specialist psychological screening and assessment.
To provide advice, consultation, and supervision to non-psychologist colleagues and to other non-professionals.
To utilise research skills for audit, policy and service development and research within the area served by the team.
The post-holder will play an active role in contributing to the achievement of defined key performance indicators and in evaluating of the service to demonstrate outcomes and quality.
Your base will be in Torbay, however under the current COVID-19 conditions this may be subject to alternative arrangements/change for example home working. Please be assured that any alternatives will be discussed fully with you and the organisation. Please ask the appointing manager if you have any questions.
Join us at Devon Partnership NHS Trust and you’ll be joining an award-winning organisation that is passionate about mental health and learning disability. One that cares about the people it supports – and one that also cares about its staff.
You’ll be part of a team that is compassionate and supportive, and genuinely committed to working together with the people who use our services, their families and carers in everything that we say and do.
Our offer to you
We recognise our people want to learn and develop, becoming the best that they can be. We offer all our staff a range of training opportunities including a variety of in-house training programmes designed and delivered by experts, and opportunities to access external training where appropriate.
In addition to ongoing training and development opportunities, we are committed to providing an environment in which you can thrive.
Benefits of working at Devon Partnership NHS Trust include:
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 27 days of annual leave per year plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years’ service withtheNHS so you can really enjoy what Devon has to offer
- Individual personal development plans and a commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our staff networks
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Cycle to Work Scheme and reduced public transport rates
- Structured learning and development opportunities.
Devon offers beautiful coastal and countryside locations with a wide range of social & leisure opportunities. This ranges from some of the best beaches in the Country, The Moors, Canals and rivers all of which can be accessed easily via foot, car, bike or boat.
Great place to work. Great place to live
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.