(working across 24 hr shift pattern including early, late and night shifts)
The South Kent Crisis Resolution Home Treatment Team is looking for a Community Psychiatric Nurse to join their team which provides a responsive assessment and home treatment service to those experiencing an acute mental health crisis in the community. You will be expected to work collaboratively with Service Users, Carers and other professionals, offering home treatment interventions as an alternative to hospital admission across the areas of Ashford and the South Kent Coast.
Main duties of the job
Assessment and home treatment service to those experiencing an acute mental health crisis in the community.
To work as a member of the Crisis Resolution Home Treatment Team, providing intensive home treatment to patients and support for their families using evidence based, profession specific and general mental health knowledge providing client centred, recovery orientated principles and practice for individuals, families and carers referred to the Service.
To work in accordance with Trust and Crisis Resolution Home Treatment Team Policies and Procedures and the Care Programme Approach
Come and work with us in the Garden of England where we combine exceptional professional development opportunities with a tremendous quality of life.
We are Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust (KMPT), providing mental health, learning disability and specialist services, serving 1.8 million people across the county.
The Trust (rated Good overall by the CQC and Outstanding for care) has 3,283 staff working in 66 buildings across 33 locations, covering an area of 1,450 square miles.
You will be joining friendly, passionate colleagues, rich in their diversity, who are committed to providing excellent care to our service users and their loved ones.
The nature of our work attracts kindness and compassion as standard and everyone from our cleaners and porters to the chief executive and chairman are recognised as playing a vital role in providing an exemplary service.
Job description Job responsibilities
- Working with service users referred to Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment Service
- To screen and work with all newly referred service users experiencing acute mental health crisis providing assessment or short term interventions until crisis is resolved.
- To provide short-term specific psychosocial interventions for those who would benefit from crisis interventions
- To contribute to the planning and implementation of induction, training and education of students and staff.
- To contribute to the delivery of specialist/ professional training packages of in-service training and staff development when necessary.
- To fulfil the role of mentor/practice educator, maintaining own update training and ensuring responsibility for regular placement provision and ensuring supervision and written assessment of students whilst on placement.
- To assist the band 7 senior practitioner by identifying personal and professional training needs in order to appropriately plan for future training and development.
- To provide effective supervision, support, and guidance for support /STR/ peer workers and any work delegated to them.
Please see job description for full details.
Person Specification Essential Essential
- Experience within acute MH services
- Knowledge of mental health disorders
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.