We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced physiotherapist to join our community based older people's mental health services in York, working for Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust (TEWV).
Main duties of the job
You must have a recognised BSC or MSc in Physiotherapy and be HCPC registered.
Experience of working in Physiotherapy including some experience working with service users with mental health difficulties is required. Experience of working with older people would also be an advantage and skills in supporting assistants in their role.
The successful candidate will benefit from being part of a growing group of Physiotherapy staff working in Mental Health and Learning Disabilities across TEWV Trust services and sites, with guidance provided from peers, Lead Physiotherapist, and the Professional Head of Physiotherapy.
Additional attractive features of this post include flexible working opportunities, a robust clinical supervision scheme, an excellent training & development programme and supportive professional line management. We are also committed to supporting external training events, CPD, research and audit interests, under our appraisal scheme.
Job description Job responsibilities
You will be an autonomous qualified physiotherapist providing assessment, treatment planning and provision for older people who have complex physical and mental health needs. You will be a member of two multidisciplinary community teams, working alongside a band 3 Physiotherapy Assistant and you will also work closely with other professions. You will be expected to work in isolation in a variety of settings in the community and will gain managerial experience in delegating tasks and appropriate caseload to the Physiotherapy assistant.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- BSc or MSc in Physiotherapy
- Registration with HCPC
- Post-graduate training relevant to the post (or willing to undertake within agreed timescale)
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- Significant experience in Physiotherapy including experience working with service users in paediatrics, neurology, mental health or learning disabilities with complex needs.
- Experience of supervising staff or students on placement
- Experience of developing and delivering training
- Experience of participation in quality improvement activities
- National guidance and key standards in own specialist area
- Health and Safety legislation and its application in practice
- Legal aspects of Moving and Handling
- Mental Health Act and Mental Capacity Act and its application in practice.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.