LSCFT are looking for Senior Band 6 Mental Health Nurses to work on our Older Adult Functional inpatient units within The Harbour at Blackpool.
At Lancashire and South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust (LSCFT), we are passionate about the quality of care we deliver and are looking for RMN's with 2 years or more experience to join our expanding inpatient teams in an exciting new role.
Are you a compassionate, team player committed to promoting excellence, shared learning, respect and kindness within a team?
Do you have excellent communication skills that would enable you to work within a challenging environment that constantly strives to provide the best possible experience for our service users and their carers?
If you answered yes to the above then we are looking for you as one of our Senior Mental Health Nurse's. We have an exciting opportunity within our Older Adult Functional teams at the Harbour and would love for you to join.
Working within Older Adult Functional:
- Older adult functional wards offers a large variety of skills and opportunity within both mental health and physical health, such as catheter care, wound care, diabetes management and much more to widen your knowledge base and skills.
Main duties of the job
We are looking for passionate and motivated individuals who can help deliver excellent care and enhance our support package for junior colleagues. The Senior Mental Health Nurse will be a central role within our inpatient MDT teams, assisting with complex care planning and improving the clinical care given to all of our service users through supervision and coaching of others. Successful candidates will be able to access a range of development opportunities and expand their knowledge in line with the role.
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust provides a range of services including secondary mental health care across this area. Specialist provision comprises inpatient child and adolescent mental health services, perinatal mental health and forensic services including low and medium secure care.
The Trust also provides a range of physical health and well-being services in the community alongside a range of partners in the Lancashire, Cumbria and Sefton area.
Lancashire & South Cumbria Foundation Trust encourages flexible working, we believe that a positive work/life balance benefits NHS employees through improved health and wellbeing. We would consider working patterns such as; term time, part time, compressed hours, flexi-time and career breaks. We encourage applicants to state clearly on their application forms this request and discuss these options at interview.
For more information please visit our website via Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS FT
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see attached the job description and person specification for more information about this role.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- oRegistered Mental Health Nurse (RNMH)
- oPreparation of mentors certificate, ENB 998, or equivalent
- oDemonstrate knowledge and experience of quality and audit
- oAn ability to undertake control and restraint training
- oEvidence of continuing professional development
- oExperience of team building and practice development
- oThorough knowledge of the mental health act 1983
- oA willingness to adapt to the changing needs of the service.
- oCommitment to working with adult mental health services
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.