An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust as a valued Locum Specialty Doctor based at The Heights, providing medical input into the Greenwich West ADAPT Team. The ADAPT Team provides a flexible service to adults who currently require secondary community mental health care in the locality. The post holder will be responsible for service users who fulfil the agreed inclusion criteria who live in the London Borough of Greenwich.
At Oxleas we understand that Speciality Doctor applicant's will be seeking further professional development and career progression. Building on the Trust's history of helping Speciality Doctors progress onto CT1 training, pass MRCPsych CASC exams and obtain successful CESR applications; Dr Yogesh Ganeshalingam - Consultant Psychiatrist and Trust Specialty doctor tutor will arrange to meet you as part of your induction to the Trust in order to gain an understanding of your career and development goals and provide on-going support.
Other benefits include discounted gym membership across all of the boroughs in which we offer services and a lease car scheme.
If you would like further information, please contact Dr Femi Adebayo, firstname.lastname@example.org
Main duties of the job
- Support to the consultant and the ADAPT team in developing and maintaining the caseloads of all patients ensuring that Core Assessments, Risk Assessments and Care Plans are available in RiO case records.
- Provision of reviews including Mental Health Act where necessary to the ADAPT team.
- Development of comprehensive case-note summaries, comprehensive multi-axial assessment processes and care planning in line with NICE guidelines.
- Attend ADAPT team meetings.
- To ensure the involvement of families and carers, wherever possible, with the patient's consent in treatment planning.
- To support the consultant in preparing any necessary reports, and attending Mental Health Review Tribunals if applicable
- Providing clinical cover for the consultant, when she/he is away on leave, with supervision by another consultant.
Oxleas offers a wide range of NHS healthcare services to people living in South East London and Kent and to people in prison. Our services include community health care such as district nursing and speech and language therapy, care for people with learning disabilities and mental health care such as psychiatry, nursing and therapies. Our multidisciplinary teams look after people of all ages and we work in close partnership with other parts of the NHS, local councils and the voluntary sector and through our new provider collaboratives. Our 4,000 members of staff work in many different settings including hospitals, clinics, prisons, children's centres, schools and people's homes. We have over 125 sites in a variety of locations across the London Boroughs of Bexley, Bromley Greenwich and into Kent and manage hospital sites including Queen Mary's Hospital, Sidcup and Memorial Hospital in Woolwich as well as the Bracton Centre, our medium secure unit for people with mental health needs. We are one of the largest providers of prison health services providing healthcare to prisoners across Kent and South London. We are proud of the care we provide and our people
Our purpose is to improve lives by providing the best possible care to our patients and their families. This is strengthened by our new values:
- We're Kind
- We're Fair
- We Listen
- We Care
Job description Job responsibilities
- To undertake the administrative duties associated with the care of patients
- To record clinical activity accurately and comprehensively and submit this promptly to the Information Department.
- To participate in service and business planning activity for the locality and, as appropriate, for the whole mental health service.
- To participate in annual appraisal.
- To attend and participate in the academic programme of the Trust, including lectures and seminars as part of the internal CPD programme.
- To maintain professional registration with the General Medical Council, Mental Health Act Section 12(2) approval, and to abide by professional codes of conduct.
- To participate annually in a job plan review with the clinical manager, which will include consultation with a relevant manager in order to ensure that the post is developed to take into account changes in service configuration and delivery associated with modernisation.
- To work with local managers and professional colleagues in ensuring the efficient running of services and share with consultant colleagues in the medical contribution to management.
- To comply with the Trusts agreed policies, procedures, standing orders and financial instructions, and to take an active role in the financial management of the service and support the medical director and other managers in preparing plans for services.
- Providing within reason nominal cover for other doctors of the same grade wishing to take annual leave/study leave.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Candidate has MBBS or equivalent
- Candidate has full GMC registration
- Experience in General Adult Psychiatry
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.