An exciting opportunity has arisen to recruit enthusiastic and innovative Band 5 nurses to undertake an 18 month Older Adults/Frailty Rotational Nursing programme across Mental Health, Community and Acute Hospital based care. This is a joint initiative between Essex Partnership University NHS Trust (EPUT), Mid and South Essex Hospital groups, North East London NHS Foundation Trust (NELFT) and Provide Community Interest Company. If you are passionate about learning and personal development and keen to get a wide ranging understanding and experience across services, this could be the opportunity for you.
Main duties of the job
This Band 5 role provides a real opportunity to develop clinical skills and a sound knowledge base, while being supported as part of an experienced team. The role comes with a personalised development plan and a mentor, to support you to develop your career.
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Care, Learn and Empower. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including;
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer
The Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have the opportunity to apply for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment
Join our Staff bank
What is Staff Bank?
Our EPUT NHS staff bank is an entity managed by the trust that hires clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals to take on shifts at our trust hospitals and community settings. Here at EPUT we maintain our own bank of specialist staff to ensure that we are able offer safe and effective care at all times.
All our permanent staff are automatically enrolled onto the staff bank however this does not mean you have to work any additional shifts, but the option is there for you if you wish.
If you are joining our Trust in a fixed term role, please indicate on your New Starter Paperwork that you wish to join our staff bank.
Job description Job responsibilities
The programme will typically incorporate 6 months experience working in three different services. You will have the opportunity to develop your knowledge of the health service and how it operates in community, secondary and mental health settings. Experience will include both physical and mental health skills development. You will be part of a development programme to develop your skills, knowledge and experiences and decide which area you want to specialise in. You will also have the opportunity to shadow clinical and managerial colleagues to develop your understanding of roles and how they contribute to effective patient and service user care and treatment.
The programme is supported by a relevant Continuing Professional Development University module.
Newly qualified nurses will be offered preceptorship as part of the programme.
The successful applicant will identify and respond to the needs of the service users/patients in their practice area. They will work with the Multi-disciplinary Team to provide the best possible nursing care by forming and maintaining strong links with all disciplines involved with the service users/patients care.This is a permanent post, on completion of the programme, subject to performance, a post will be offered in one of the organisations taking part in the programme. This post is being advertised across the Mid and South Essex Partnership. An applicant can only be shortlisted for an interview by one partner, if they choose to apply to more than one participating organisation.
In the event of a high number of responses to any advert, EPUT reserves the right to close the vacancy early.
Person Specification Education/Qualifications Essential
- NVQ level 2 or equivalent standard of literacy and numeracy
- RGN / RMN
- Evidence of personal development
- Completed study at Diploma/Degree level
- Assessing and Supervision of learners / Mentorship / equivalent
- Literate in IT/Computer Skills
- Good interpersonal and organisation skills
- Good oral communication skills based on fluency on the English language
- Time management skills
- Ability to manage work as a team member
- Ability to undertake assessment and supervisor training
- Have a flexible approach to team and autonomous working, acknowledging own limitations
- Commitment to the provision of high quality care
- Commitment to the future development of the service
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
- Having the ability to deal psychologically and emotionally with potentially distressing situations e.g. bereavement and specific critical incidents
- Ability to innovate and motivate
Personal Qualities Essential
- Shares the Trust's Beliefs and models this in their attitude and behaviour:
- Ensures that the organisational values of open, compassionate and empowering are demonstrated by self
- Practice and comply at all times with Trust and local policies and guidelines as well as the NMC code
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.