Are you looking for a new challenge and rewarding progressive career in Children and Young people's Mental Health Services? Then look no further our North Yorkshire and York Child and Adolescent Mental Health (CAMHS) Crisis Team are looking for new recruits to join our amazing team. We are looking for caring, compassionate, energetic and motivated individuals who are passionate about improving the lives and mental health of our young people. Would you like to make a difference? If the answer is yes then the North Yorkshire and York CAMHS Crisis service would like to hear from you! This is a pivotal role as our team helps to support the reduction of hospital admissions. Our team provides Crisis support and intensive home treatment to young people who are experiencing mental health crisis and emotional distress. The service can be fast paced and the ideal applicant will be extremely organized and self-motivated to provide high quality assessment and formulation for the young people within the service. We provide evidence based assessments and interventions for young people. The team provide a creative and pro-active approach in engaging young people and their families. The individual will be able to work independently but also work well in a team.
In exchange you will be well supported, with continuing opportunities for your on-going professional development. You will be offered a staff induction period where you will be support to build on your knowledge and skills.
Main duties of the job
The nature of this works requires a calm, consistent approach to some of the most challenging clinical situations alongside a willingness to be compassionate, creative and flexible in delivering care to young people and their families/carers. As the team continues to develop you will be given the opportunity to influence and contribute to service development, providing a high degree of job satisfaction and personal progression. The successful candidate will be able to confidently lead and direct more junior staff. They will also be able to make sound clinical decision to help reduce and manage the risk of harm to the young person, liaising effectively with other agencies and professionals. To apply for this role you will have experience in mental health services and whilst having knowledge of child and adolescent mental health is desirable having the right values and attitude plus a desire to learn new skills. You will also have an understanding of relevant legislation (e.g. Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act), detailed understanding of Safeguarding and Clinical Risk Assessment and Management and its application in practice. If you think that you have what it takes and you are someone who likes a challenge then the team would like to hear you if you are a professionals who is a Registered Nurse, Social Worker or Occupational Therapist.
The North Yorkshire and York (CAMHS) Crisis Team now provide a 24/7 service to young people and their families and we want to expand our team. If you have a passion and a strong interest in children and Young people as a clinical speciality and if you are committed to multidisciplinary worker then we are interested in hearing from you. The successful applicant will be expected to work shifts patterns which cover 24/7 service provision covering NYY locality, our bases include York, Scarborough and Ripon. You can choose from these bases, however you will be expected to travel around the locality/bases during their shift to meet the clinical demand because we function as a locality team. This post requires the candidate to have good communication skills, interpersonal skills, good time management and organization skills.
CAMHS has an amazing collection of highly skilled professionals from various back grounds, which makes it is very unique and interesting place to work. Colleagues who have made the leap across from services such as Adult Mental Health, Adult General Medicine, MHSOP, Paediatrics, or Learning Disabilities although initial have found it to be a learning curve have enjoyed the challenge and have professionally grown from their CAMHS experience. Those colleagues have also brought with them a wealth of skills and experience which has proved invaluable to the CAMHS services as a whole.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please read above, and see attached JD and person spec.
Secondments are welcome howeverapplicants must ensure that prior to applying they have agreement from their current line manager that they can be released on a secondment basis.
If you are interested in this post and have any questions then we would encourage you to ring and speak about this prior to applying for the job.
Person Specification Qualification Essential
- Current professional registration with appropriate body in healthcare or social work.
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development.
- Post-graduate qualification in a relevant area (within agreed timescale)
- Depending on work area, recognised sign-off mentor (or equivalent) or must be achieved within agreed timescale.
- Key skills in literacy, numeracy and ITQ level 2 (or equivalent)
- Recognised qualification in a specific model of therapy e.g. family therapy, CBT etc.
- Leadership or management qualification.
- Significant experience working in a mental health service managing risk
- Working collaboratively with service users and their families/carers
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Leadership or management experience
- Experience of using Positive Behaviour Support approaches.
- Experience of engaging young people in a community setting.
- Communicate complex and sensitive information effectively to children and young people, carers/families and all members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Provide effective clinical supervision, teaching, training and assessing in clinical practice.
- Provide leadership and monitor, co-ordinate and prioritise the activities of a team.
- Experience of managing crisis situations and decision making in pressurised situations
- Understanding of relevant legislation (e.g. Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act).
- Clinical Risk Assessment and Management and its application in practice
- Understanding of psychological models of care and treatment.
- Detailed understanding of Safeguarding and its application in practice.
- The Trust's Quality Improvement System (QIS)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.