CBT Therapist / MHWP supervisor
Swindon Psychological Therapies Service (PTS) are seeking a BABCP accredited CBT therapist to work as part of a multidisciplinary team to support the development of other staff in delivering CBT and psychologically informed interventions for serious mental health problems.
AWP are currently involved in an exciting programme to transform the workforce to increase access to psychological interventions/ psychologically informed interventions as part of the Community Mental Health Framework. As part of this programme, across the BSW (Banes, Swindon and Wiltshire division), we are recruiting Mental Health Wellbeing Practitioner (MHWP) posts to work in Recovery/ Assessment and Treatment teams/ older adult community teams, alongside a small cohort of existing trainees nearing completion of their training.
The supervisor role will be a key part of this workforce development.
Main duties of the job
You will provide clinical supervision and some teaching to these new and trainee practitioners, and will liaise closely with the programme team at Exeter University who are providing the taught part of the programme.
Clinically, you will carry a small caseload of service users with complex mental health problems, providing high quality CBT. Many of the service users who are referred to Swindon PTS have a history of complex trauma so experience of working with these presentations would be ideal, but we would also welcome applications from practitioners with other areas of interest and expertise.
Swindon PTS comprises a supportive team of Clinical & Counselling Psychologists, CBT Therapists, Arts Psychotherapists and a Family Therapist. In order to support you in your role, you will receive regular, high quality clinical supervision from an experienced BABCP accredited CBT Therapist, as well as supervision of supervision. All PTS staff have access to regular activities to support their ongoing professional development, including attendance at a bi-monthly CPD Club. The team has a strong emphasis on promoting staff wellbeing, including monthly wellbeing sessions, bi-monthly reflective practice & monthly Compassion Focussed Staff Support sessions. There will be opportunities to link closely with colleagues in similar roles and other psychological therapists as well as contribute to internal teaching in AWP.
About us We are AWP (Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust)
a diverse organisation with over 5,000 dedicated staff providing inpatient and community-based mental health care. We provide services from a range of locations to approximately 1.8 million people living in Bath and North East Somerset (B&NES), Bristol, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Swindon, across the county of Wiltshire and in parts of Dorset. Our outstanding people promote mental health and wellbeing. The expertise and resources within AWP are dedicated to a person-centred approach for those who use our services and for all employees. We recognise that happy and fulfilled employees give better care.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see attached job description, person specification and key local information for further detail in relation to this role
Person Specification Education and qualification Essential
- Qualified Registered Mental Health Professional [Mental Health Nurse, Psychologist, Social Worker, Occupational Therapist].
- CBT accredited with the BABCP or accreditable as per BABCP guidelines
- oAppropriate teaching qualification or experience to enable provision of high standard of teaching at pre and postgraduate level
Experience and knowledge Essential
- Experience and knowledge of providing high quality CBT work with complex trauma, psychosis or other presentations
- Substantial experience in a band 6 post or higher
- Substantial practice experience in inpatient, day and / or community settings
- High degree of self awareness
- Experience of clinical audit or research
- Additional training in relevant specialist intervention
Skills and abilities Essential
- Competence in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating psychological therapies
- Ability to use supervision and to provide supervision and consultation
- Ability to work with other staff to develop skills
- Competence in risk management
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.