Consultant Psychiatrist - Older Adult Psychiatry, Fylde Coast Memory Assessment (10PA).We will consider applicants looking to work part time or job share. This job will have 3 PAs allocated for SPA, including 1PA per week dedicated for research activity.
*RRP payment Payable
* This post will attract a Recruitment & Retention Premia for 3 years as follows: 20% of basic salary in the first 12 months 15% of basic salary in the second 12 months 10% of basic salary in the third 12 months
We are seeking to recruit a substantive Consultant Psychiatrist to work as part of the Fylde Coast Memory Assessment Service, based at the Lytham Unit. This post is full time (10PA) and substantive.
Main duties of the job
This post will add to four community older adult consultant psychiatrists within the locality. This support will provide leadership and support development of the memory service moving forward and in response to changing commissioning intentions.
The post holder has responsibility for the assessment and diagnosis of dementia and other organic and cognitive disorders within the Fylde Coast Memory Assessment Service.
Applicants should hold full GMC registration and be included on the Specialist register of the GMC or they should be eligible for entry to the Specialist Register within 6 months of the interview date.
It is a requirement that applicants are Section 12 Approved at the time of commencing employment and have or are eligible to have Approved Clinician Status. Remuneration will be as set out in the terms of the New Consultant Contract according to previous experience.
- At least 2.5 SPAs as standard for a full time post (we would be flexible in looking at enhancements to support other activities that support the wider ambitions of the Trust).
- Excellent peer support group
- Opportunities to be a clinical supervisor
- Relocation package available
- Study leave budget of £3000 over 3 years or up to £5000 over 3 years for newly qualified Consultants
It's also an exciting time to be joining LSCFT as we have significantly expanded our Medical Leadership positions in areas such as suicide prevention, Mental Health Law, Audit & Effectiveness, and Locality Medical Director roles. We also have an extremely active Medical Education department and support our Consultants in becoming Clinical & Educational Supervisors and nurturing their interests in this area. There are also opportunities to have a role in Digital Leadership if this is a passion for any of our Consultants.
Check out our twitter accounts for examples of some exciting things we are working on via @LSCFTMedics and @LSCFTMedEd
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification for further details about this post.
The Job Description and Person Specification was approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists on 12 August 2021.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MBBS or equivalent
- Full GMC registration with Licence to Practise
- On GMC Specialist Register
- Section 12 approved or within 3 months
- AC status or within 3 months
- Knowledge and experience appropriate to this role
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.