An exciting opportunity has arisen for a candidate to work in one of the largest Eating Disorder services in the country which was featured in the Louis Theroux documentary Talking to Anorexia.
We would like to recruit a CBT Therapist to join our Psychological Therapies team who are responsible for providing evidence-based assessment and treatment to patients across all parts of the service. Job share options will be considered.
Main duties of the job
As a successful candidate, you will be working predominantly in the Outpatient Service which is a multidisciplinary team of Psychiatry, Psychology, Community Liaison Nursing, Dieticians, Occupational Therapy, Family Therapy and Peer Support Workers.
You will be offering individual and group cognitive behavioural therapy to patients presenting with the range of eating disorders. You will receive weekly supervision from a Clinical/Counselling Psychologist or BABCP accredited Psychologist, attend fortnightly CPD sessions arranged for the Psychological Therapies Team as well as a monthly Clinical Improvement Group where the whole service meets on a monthly basis and a monthly reflective practice group. Please note interviews will take place on Monday 19th September.
The Eating Disorders Service at St Ann's Hospital in Haringey provides comprehensive care for patients 18 years old and above with a primary diagnosis of an eating disorder providing services to a catchment area that includes North Central London, North East London and parts of Essex. The service includes Outpatient Services, Community Liaison Services, a Day Programme and a 20-bedded inpatient ward in a newly built state of the art mental health building.
Job description Job responsibilities
We are looking for a friendly and motivated CBT therapist with experience of providing CBT individually and in groups, and who works well in a team whilst offering autonomous treatment to patients on their caseload.
You will be providing evidence-based eating disorders treatment to patients with an eating disorder diagnosis both individually and in groups.
Person Specification EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS Essential
- Post graduate Diploma in CBT Post graduate Qualification in CBT, BABCP accreditation
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE Essential
- Experience of specialist psychological assessment and treatment of clients in outpatient settings.
- Experience of working with a wide variety of presenting problems and maintaining a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems, verbal abuse and the threat of physical abuse.
- Experience of the application of psychological therapies in different cultural contexts.
- Experience of working with people with eating disorders.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES Essential
- Excellent skills in the use of complex methods of psychological assessment, intervention and management frequently requiring sustained and intense concentration.
- Well-developed skills in the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, complex, highly technical and/or clinically sensitive information to clients, their families, carers and other professional colleagues both within and outside the NHS.
- The ability to provide consultation to other professional and non-professional groups.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.