We have an exciting opportunity for a General Adult Consultant Psychiatrist to work in our Crisis Team in Hove. This post has become vacant due to the current post holder retiring.
In this role you'll have the opportunity to develop your career, shape our strategy and provide excellent patient care.
Come and join Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation, help us improve the quality of life for the local communities we serve
Please note this post attracts aGolden Hello payment of up to £5,000
as aRelocation Package of up to £8000.
Information on these can be obtained from the Medical Staffing Team on 0300 304 0393.
To find out more about what we offer please take a look at our careers portal:https://careers.sussexpartnership.nhs.uk/
Main duties of the job
You will provide medical input into the multi-disciplinary team alongside the dedicated Associate Specialist.
You'll undertake urgent assessments of new referrals to the team, diagnosing and formulating crisis management plans and risk assessments. You'll provide follow up appointments with patients under the crisis team's care to review treatment plans, as well as offer advice on treatment and risk management to other team members.
Clinical leadership and line management to junior medical staff reporting directly to you is a key part of the role. There is the opportunity to develop posts for and take on the educational and clinical supervision of GP or core mental health trainees and higher trainees, as agreed by the locality tutor.
You will also participate in planning and developing local Mental Health Services in line with the CDS aims and to contribute constructively to improving the standards of mental health care offered by Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
At Sussex Partnership we are committed to providing opportunities forflexible working
. If you would like to work differently or different hours to as advertised, please get in touch to discuss this in more detail.
If you haven't thought about living in Sussex
before then you should consider the following:
- Journey from the coast to the countryside in minutes
- Enjoy a lifestyle where there are renowned cycle routes and picturesque walks, including the famous South Downs Way in the South Downs National Park!
- Embrace taking time to discover all the miles of scenic coastline
- Easy access to airports - Gatwick and Heathrow are both within 90 minutes of the county, providing links to Europe and beyond
The Trust has a thriving research network and has been rated 'outstanding' in caring by the CQC and 'good' in all other domains.
The Trust also has strong links with Brighton and Sussex Medical School and regularly hosts students of various disciplines.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please do take a look at the Job Description and Person Specifications for full details on the main responsibilities of the role.
There is only so much we can say in an advert and Job Description, so we would love to hear from you if you want to find out more about this exciting opportunity.
**Please also note that the Job Description is with the Royal College of Psychiatrists to be approved.**
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
CLINICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE Essential
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.