This is an opportunity for a Band 7 Occupational Therapist to work in a Recovery Orientated Inpatient Forensic Unit on a Learning disability ward. You will be part of a dynamic OT team providing OT provision on a unit wide level as well as ward based. The ideal candidate will have significant experience of working in mental health and / or a forensic setting. Excellent training and development opportunities exist within this department.
The role is on a fixed term / secondment basis for 12 months.
Please contact Inthuja Kesavanathan on 020 8510 2131 or email@example.com for further information.
Main duties of the job
- To ensure service users are provided with timely and effective OT assessment and interventions based on individual assessment of need2To develop and maintain a service user focussed approach sensitive to the personal and cultural needs of individual patients.
- To manage a defined caseload on the Learning Disability Ward and carry out assessments, identify treatment aims, implement and evaluate treatment programmes, and identify discharge plans for service users where relevant.
- To ensure the Occupational Therapy and related therapy teams (education, employment, sports, substance misuse) work closely with other professionals, to provide a multi-disciplinary approach to service user care.
- To assist with developing opportunities for service users to engage in education and employment projects
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations.
Job description Job responsibilities
Kindly refer to the job description and person specification that is attached to the vacancy profile.
Person Specification Education/ Qualification/ Training Essential
- Degree or Diploma in Occupational Therapy or a Certificate OT recognised equivalent
- State Registration
- Further training in relevant field such as AMPS and Sensory Integration
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.