An exciting opportunity has arisen to join an established Night Co-ordination team within Secure Inpatient Services.
You will be required to be; innovative, flexible and able to engage clients with complex needs. Strong leadership working principles are essential as you will undertake point of contact as the senior staff member throughout the night.
This is a opportunity to develop problem solving skills and staffing co-ordination whilst also delivering clinical and operational support.
Main duties of the job
An opportunity has arisen for the position of full time Duty Nurse Co-ordinator at Cross Lane Hospital. The post holder will work as part of the multi-disciplinary team delivering high quality, patient focused care in collaboration with family and in conjunction with partnership working.
This is an exciting and challenging role and will afford the opportunity to work as part of a supportive team that is focused on delivering high standards of care through evidenced based practice. As a Band 6 Nurse, you will work closely with patients and their relatives/ carers as part of a multi-disciplinary team to help plan, develop and implement behaviour support plans within a well-being focused model of working. You will also support and supervise staff within the multi-disciplinary team. Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary mental health setting is required for this post. We are looking for someone who is motivated, enthusiastic and compassionate about improving the lives of those with dementia.
The post holder will work predominantly nights, providing a senior nursing presence on a supernumerary basis, supporting Mental Health Services for Older People and Adult Mental Health within North Yorkshire, while based at Cross Lane Hospital. In this role you will providing support, clinical advice, ad hoc supervision and coaching to junior members of staff and coordination of nursing resources as appropriate.
We require the post holders to be committed to equal opportunities and non-discriminatory practices and reflect the trust values.
If you want to work for a Trust that will invest in you as an individual with multiple developmental opportunities with great staff benefits on offer then this could be the role for you.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see the attached job description and person specification which outlines the main duties and responsibilities of the role.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- RNMH, current professional registration with NMC.
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development.
- MIP, FLIP, ENB 998 Teaching & Assessing in Clinical Practice or City & Guilds 730 Teaching in Adult Education.
- Leadership or management qualification
- Post-graduate qualification in a relevant area
- Significant experience working with people with mental ill health and/or learning disabilities in an inpatient or community environment.
- Working collaboratively with service users and their families/carers
- Providing clinical supervision.
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Leadership or management experience
- Detailed understanding of Safeguarding and its application in practice.
- Understanding of psychological models of care and treatment.
- At least 2 years post qualified experience
- Evidence of leadership within their CV/Work history
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.