We have an interesting and exciting opportunity for a 1.0 WTE Band 7 CBT & Family Intervention Therapist
to join our Psychological Services team and deliver a psychological service to clients identified as having a First Episode of Psychosis, based in South West Essex (covering Billericay, Brentwood, Wickford).
We welcome you to join us in shaping these services, as we believe that by investing in the development of our staff member's careers, we are able to strengthen our services so as to provide the best quality care for our service users. The Trust actively supports CPD, and you will be encouraged to develop your skills and areas of interest where they meet service needs. If you are enthusiastic and self-motivating with a commitment to delivering high quality service users' care we would like to hear from you.
Main duties of the job
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with an interest in delivering individual psychological interventions and family interventions within an Early Intervention Service. We would welcome applications from candidates who can demonstrate previous training and experience in delivering Family Interventions for Psychosis. Applicants with previous training in individual psychological therapies and an interest in pursuing further training in CBT for psychosis would also be encouraged to apply. Under the supervision of a senior psychologist, you will be responsible for screening and prioritising referrals, conducting comprehensive assessments, and delivering interventions within a community setting. A greater understanding of the psychological factors related to a persons' presentation such as comorbid developmental difficulties, attachment, trauma or other psychosocial factors that would inform the formulation and treatment planning, is essential. Through your role you will promote social inclusion and empower service users within their mental health recovery and in maintaining their social systems. You will also consult to the team, and may be involved in supervising other professions. Previous experience in working positively and proactively with MDTs and with people who present to our services with psychosis would be advantageous.
This is a varied and busy role which provides a community service to the local population from age 18 to 65 year olds. It is an experienced and supportive team within an innovative and developing service. Although based in Laindon, the successful applicant will be required to work across the Billericay, Brentwood and Wickford localities.
The ESTEP (Essex Support and Treatment for Early Psychosis) West team provides early intervention for people experiencing their First Episode of Psychosis (FEP). ESTEP is a multi-disciplinary team made up of a Consultant Psychiatrist, nursing and social workers (Care Coordinators), CBT therapists, Clinical Psychologists and Support Workers. We offer a NICE concordant care package including allocation to a Care Coordinator within two weeks, as well as CBT for Psychosis (CBTp) and Family Interventions. All the work is underpinned by evidence-based practice.
The post is community based, covering the South West of Essex. The post holder will be required to work across the South West Essex locality. We work in close partnership with Employment Advisors and Inclusion, as well as close links with the newly-formed ARMS (At Risk Mental State) service.
Job description Job responsibilities
ESTEP provides early intervention service for individuals who are experiencing their first episode of psychosis. The psychological therapists in the team work autonomously within professional guidelines to provide a high quality specialist psychology service to service users, their families, and other professionals/services involved in the life and care of service users. All work conducted by the psychological therapists in the team is underpinned by evidence based practice, NICE guidance, and DoH guidance. The main clinical responsibilities are:
- Provide psychological assessments of service users, utilising information from health, social care, education and employment contacts, as well as direct contact with the service user and their carers.
- To formulate and implement plans for psychological treatment and/ or management of the service users mental health problems based on appropriate conceptual framework and employing methods of efficacy
- To be responsible for delivering evidenced-based psychological interventions for individuals presenting with a First Episode of Psychosis (FEP) and/or co-existing mental health difficulties.
- To be responsible for delivering evidence-based Family Interventions for psychosis with service users and their families/carers.
- To be responsible for planning, setting up and delivering evidence-based group psychological interventions.
- To exercise autonomous professional responsibility for the assessment, treatment and discharge of service users accepted by the service. To plan, manage and prioritise your own caseload.
- To provide psychological consultation to other professionals as required, contributing to the service users formulation and interventions.
- To develop and maintain appropriate liaison with staff from other disciplines that provide services to individuals with First Episode of Psychosis (FEP) to ensure well-coordinated and personalised approach to the service users care.
- To undertake risk assessment and risk management for individual clients and to communicate the psychological aspects of the risk assessment and risk management to other professionals.
- To communicate in a skilled, sensitive and timely manner, information concerning the assessment, formulation and intervention plans for service users and their progress.
- To be aware of possible safeguarding issues, to take responsibility for raising concerns about possible safeguarding issues; to be responsible for seeking guidance on safeguarding issues and adhering to safeguarding policies and procedures.
- There may be potential to supervise CBTp trainees and/or students.
Person Specification Knowledge Essential
- Post accreditation training in specialised areas of psychological practice e.g. CBT or FI
- Training in either CBTp / FIp / BFT
- Registration with BABCP or equivalent
- Experience of working in with those experiencing a first episode, or longer term experiences of psychosis
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.